That's a great story about your two sources of gold, the Arizona landscape and your wife. I love hunting at night although I have not done it the way you do it...using the whole night. Continued good hunting. I'm sure Mother's Day will be a good one. Best...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phrunt said:

? Your wife will want to keep that chunk, I think I'd have trouble standing after finding something that big.  Staying conscious would be hard enough.

Phrunt - short story ...

When I had a GPX5000 I would set up these little glass vials with nuggets and tie a string to them to do different depth and timing testing.   (sort of a DOE for us engineers, who have testing in our blood)  Unfortunately, I'm somewhat clumsy and dropped one of these glass test vials and it broke.  I cleaned up the glass and somehow missed picking up the nugget inside.  Well my wife is cleaning up the area, later on, and picks up a rock that was on our rug and went to throw it away.  Mind you, this wasn't a lunker but probably only a 1 gram nugget. But she stopped after picking it up.  She knew from the weight and feel that it was no ordinary rock.  So yes, women are natural gold seekers, too.  So ever since, I lock up all my nuggets in a safe to keep her away :biggrin:

Just kidding about the last part.  The rest is very true, though.  Ha..Ha..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

That's a great story about your two sources of gold, the Arizona landscape and your wife. I love hunting at night although I have not done it the way you do it...using the whole night. Continued good hunting. I'm sure Mother's Day will be a good one. Best...

Well, it definitely made my Cinco de Mayo one to remember.  Thank you for the comment!

Awesome Andy, sounds like you earned that one! Nice work being tenacious and changing your sleep schedule to get some hunting done in the off season, paid off.

• Like 1

WTG Andyy!  You and I have talked about night hunts before.  I've done less of them lately but in the next few weeks I might have to try them again because the days are short and the nights are long!

Mitchel

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

WTG Andyy!  You and I have talked about night hunts before.  I've done less of them lately but in the next few weeks I might have to try them again because the days are short and the nights are long!

Mitchel

Ahhh... yes, Mitchel.  I remember those discussions.  Yet aren't you currently in Australia?   I wonder how different night hunts out there would be.  The only thing I have to worry about for Arizona night hunts are crazy people, getting bitten by a rattle snake, falling down a mine shaft,  the occasional hungry mountain lion, and UFO abduction.  And so far I haven't had any of those things happen to me (at least I don't think so) :huh:

Andyy

• Haha 1