I Bit The Bullet And Went With Whites 24k

WATHCH THIS SPACE FOR SHOOT OUT BETWEEN MONSTER AND NOX AND 24K  WITH NO BIAS

So with my thoughts of going back to a gm1000 that I loved or try the new 24k that theres little reviews out there I took the risk I live in nz and brought out of the states was deal I couldnt pass up the 6 round came free if I brought the normal 6x10 model so worked out cheaper than export pack .whites ate also in the process of realeasimg the 4x6 coil for 24k .. should arrive around 17th may . My friend still has both his gm1000 and nox 800 so soon as it arrives and I get few hours under my belt with the 24k I'll get some videos up asap with direct tests on all three in ground on real targets how small all three go depth so finaly will be something out there to help people make a decision ... I'm hoping it can compete with the gm1000 or might be a cheap 24k for sale in nz ?

• Like 4

Pursuant to Simon's comments regarding shipping prices from the US to NZ, I checked into the postage fees to ship an Export Pack from Los Angeles to Wellington NZ. Cost was NZ$300.00, US$200.00. Whoa!

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

I look forward to seeing your posts on it and the videos.  I was wanting one for some time but it's just too difficult to get it in NZ.  I am sure customs will nab it at the border and charge you a wad of tax.

Yea I found a guy via Ebay who was very good he bent over backwards to make it simple for me and leg me pick my shipping company  ..I've brought via states before so have my import numbers already so pretty straight foward .. 

3 hours ago, Jim McCulloch said:

Pursuant to Simon's comments regarding shipping prices from the US to NZ, I checked into the postage fees to ship an Export Pack from Los Angeles to Wellington NZ. Cost was NZ$300.00, US$200.00. Whoa!

It cost me 1096 for the detecter with free 6 round and 159 for shipping .. and will be about 259 at customs 

13 hours ago, nugget hunter nz said:

WATHCH THIS SPACE FOR SHOOT OUT BETWEEN MONSTER AND NOX AND 24K  WITH NO BIAS

So with my thoughts of going back to a gm1000 that I loved or try the new 24k that theres little reviews out there I took the risk I live in nz and brought out of the states was deal I couldnt pass up the 6 round came free if I brought the normal 6x10 model so worked out cheaper than export pack .whites ate also in the process of realeasimg the 4x6 coil for 24k .. should arrive around 17th may . My friend still has both his gm1000 and nox 800 so soon as it arrives and I get few hours under my belt with the 24k I'll get some videos up asap with direct tests on all three in ground on real targets how small all three go depth so finaly will be something out there to help people make a decision ... I'm hoping it can compete with the gm1000 or might be a cheap 24k for sale in nz ?

Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Undug, try each in optimum setting for the ground conditions, show us the settings, show us them balanced, no vid/audio cuts, proper optimum sweep speeds for each individual machine, all swung the same and lets see the shootout. Look forward to it. ?

Congrats on your purchase sir.  I wanted a 24k but circumstances led me to get the GM instead.  With what I've read and seen on the 24k I don't think you could go wrong with either machine, both are great detectors.

10 hours ago, Busho said:

Yeah, I'd like to see this too. Undug, try each in optimum setting for the ground conditions, show us the settings, show us them balanced, no vid/audio cuts, proper optimum sweep speeds for each individual machine, all swung the same and lets see the shootout. Look forward to it. ?

That's my plan well that and mix of testing differnt size nuggets in the field and differnt depths also  Here in nz our soil is low to mild so can normaly run the detecters close to max but I'll show canes differnt sensitivities on each so its apples to apples onething here tho is we get hot rocks that pulse inductions wont balance out they are a pain in the butt

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nugget hunter nz said:

we get hot rocks that pulse inductions wont balance out they are a pain in the butt

Hi nugget hunter nz. You know your NZ detecting!!!! The hot rocks that are everywhere in the Queenstown Lakes District make detecting with a PI detector nearly impossible. Looking forward to your video recorded testing  showing us the settings, balanced, no video/audio cuts, and proper optimum sweep speeds for each individual machine, as suggested by Busho.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, thomasbracken said:

Hi nugget hunter nz. You know your NZ detecting!!!! The hot rocks that are everywhere in the Queenstown Lakes District make detecting with a PI detector nearly impossible. Looking forward to your video recorded testing  showing us the settings, balanced, no video/audio cuts, and proper optimum sweep speeds for each individual machine, as suggested by Busho.

Hi mate. That's interesting to hear about those hot rocks. What are they composed of that makes them such a pain? How do VLFs go, any way around them using those? There must be quite a lot of good gold in those areas being masked by those things.

• Like 2

Only way I have seen VLF's get around the hot rocks seen by PI's is to run in discriminate, which loses you a lot of depth.  That is why I play rock soccer.  Problem solved. :cool:

• Like 1