Virginia Gold Patch

Thanks!  It was a good weekend for VA gold, though not my best by a long shot.  Cant wait to try the equinox at this spot as well.  I was able to run the monster in auto+.  Running it in manual 10 made it was a bit chattery, but i was switching back and forth.  Only had one signal that turned out to be lead, all others were gold.  Going to have to pull the GPX 4800 out as well to ply the steep hillsides that are adjacent to this spot.  

A few of the signals came from spots that had no apparent cracks, but the bedrock was so soft i could just dig into it with my little pick and out would pop a picker.  My guess is, is that since the bedrock is so soft some of the cracks that use to exist have gotten smashed over by the water flow.  This is part of the reason why when i hit soft bedrock while dredging i always take off the upper couple of inches.   

13 detected pieces of gold in 1.5 hours, that is awesome sir.  Congrats on a great weekend and look forward to hearing how the NOX and GPX do as well!

I have found it very interesting the VA is producing some nice gold again.  Good job getting on the gold!  VA is going to be the next gold rush.....Wagons East!!!!

• Like 1

afreakofnature:  there is good gold all over the east coast, the biggest hurdle that most people dont overcome well is gaining access to private property.  Since all the old mines are on private property, most of the areas havent been touched in a very long time, and it can be difficult to gain access especially for people who are from out of state.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That's the most gold I have ever seen posted from Virginia! ?

Yea he's got me feeling like a bum I live in California lol

Great hunt!

strick 

7 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Wagons East!!!!

Hilarious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1