Rechargeable Aa 1.5v Batteries

I recently purchased these

Blackube AA Rechargeable Batteries Lithium 1500mAh Double A Battery with Micro USB Charge - 1.5Hours Charging -1.5V/2250mWh - 4Pack

They are the proper 1.5 volt and lithium batteries. They work well in my Tesoro that tends to chew up batteries fairly quickly. Will see how they hold up. They should not fade in performance as regular Alkalines do.

$20 for 4 is pretty good. Much less than the $80 I paid for my AT Pro lithium pack.

• Like 4

No question, just saying so far they are working well and about half the money the AA lithium rechargeables were not too long ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a good 10-15 hours on the first charge on these batteries and they are still nearly full with no loss in power. Machine performance is like a fresh set of batteries. 

I am getting the same performance I get from my RnB pack I got for my AT pro at 1/4 the price.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well it's been 4 months on these Blackube AA lithiums on my Tejon and loving them! I am getting double the battery life with full power till they are drained. I did have an issue with one battery not taking a charge and Blackube immediately shipped me a replacement, who knows it could have been beat up in the postal.

Anyone using these and relying on indicators on battery life might be thrown off though as they run at high power until they don't have any unlike traditional batteries that simply fade in power. Being lithiums they don't have a memory so if your going out for the day it doesn't hurt to top them off. They take about 2 hours to charge from fully drained.

Now if they made 9 volts that would be cool.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Can you charge these in series at one time? Ben nlce to hook a 12v pack up to a 12v charger, and charge them all at once. Or do they have a special charger socket? Oh...I see...they charge 4 at a time...nifty.

Jim

I wonder what the runtime is on the White's TDI detectors.  Typically you get about a day with alkalines or NiMH, and as you note, there is a continuous deterioration in voltage output as those discharge.

I have seen some that come with a charger, ones I picked up from Blackube have a usb cable with pigtail mini usb's coming off of it so you just plug them in. Each battery has a light on them so they are red until charged and newer models also have a green led indicating fully charged. They should do well in any device that uses standard alkalines. I think they will do better in cold weather as lithiums don't lose as much power as alkalines do in the cold. Will find out this fall.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

I wonder what the runtime is on the White's TDI detectors.  Typically you get about a day with alkalines or NiMH, and as you note, there is a continuous deterioration in voltage output as those discharge.

TDI SL draws about 500ma, so about 3 hours of use.

Jim

• Thanks 1