Out Scouting

Guest AussieDigs

AussieDigs. Brand new mono.... Laughing mate.

In this cold weather I have noticed that the QED takes a few minutes to warm up. Last winter while working with JR Beatty we would switch our QEDs on in the morning and just let them sit there and warm up while we had a cup of coffee. If we ground balanced while they were cold we found we would have to re ground balance again when they warmed up. Don't try too hard to get your mode down too low. You will very rarely be able to get the low mode and high gain that Simon can. I often run on a mode of 8 and with the very wet ground that we have now you may have to go even higher, but don't worry, as you will not lose a great deal of sensitivity. 

I should have had a go with Adams machine when we were out with Mitchel. I could then have told him how his machine was performing. If you are anywhere near my place at the weekend, drop in and I will check your detectors out for you.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AussieDigs said:

The 11” mono arrived today.

F6742E1A-289A-496C-9BBE-B724EA7DB889.jpeg

wow, didn`t expect that :ohmy:

The 11" Commander is a exceptional coil and one of my mates who is no slouch with a detector, he has re discovered his 11" commander and it is now his go to coil.  It should serve you well ☺️

Guest AussieDigs
1 hour ago, phoenix said:

wow, didn`t expect that :ohmy:

The 11" Commander is a exceptional coil and one of my mates who is no slouch with a detector, he has re discovered his 11" commander and it is now his go to coil.  It should serve you well ☺️

Thanks mate, cool!

Guest AussieDigs

Simon, yeah i did a reset out there this arvo. I considered EMI but i havent had this issue here previously where there is little chance of interference. Reg’s comment on wet ground is interesting, just that regardless of what i tried i couldnt get it settle. For some reason i just could not ground balance where previously ive had no issue. Its not the coil as it did it with the DD before i sent it back.

Reg I ‘dumbed’ it down re mode, gain etc. Id say theres a good chance its the mug at the other end of the detector!

I was going to send it back this week for Howard to wave his wand over with updates but Adam wants to do a comparison to see if he determine an issue or not with his. We’ll take it from there. Ill send mine back next week. My foot gets ‘deconstructed’ in Melbourne on monday.

Thanks Reg. When stuff settles up here I’ll surely pop down.

Guest AussieDigs

Oh yeah... i had an audio drop out for some reason. Hmmmm bad connection at the 3.5 to 6mm adaptor? Could this be causing an operational issue?

We'll sort it all out in the morning.  I've got extra connectors, coils, speakers, wireless kit, ear buds, etc, etc.  

Surely with all of that we will be able to work out what is working and what isn't   ?

Guest AussieDigs
48 minutes ago, AussieDigs said:

Simon, yeah i did a reset out there this arvo. I considered EMI but i havent had this issue here previously where there is little chance of interference. Reg’s comment on wet ground is interesting, just that regardless of what i tried i couldnt get it settle. For some reason i just could not ground balance where previously ive had no issue. Its not the coil as it did it with the DD before i sent it back.

Reg I ‘dumbed’ it down re mode, gain etc. Id say theres a good chance its the mug at the other end of the detector!

I was going to send it back this week for Howard to wave his wand over with updates but Adam wants to do a comparison to see if he can determine an issue or not with his. We’ll take it from there. Ill send mine back next week. My foot gets ‘deconstructed’ in Melbourne on monday.

Thanks Reg. When stuff settles up here I’ll surely pop down.

Guest AussieDigs

They could start by making them a little more robust around the mount. A lack of epoxy would be for a weight saving id guess as its not particularly expensive and def not at the quantity that Minelab (or whoever assembles them) would use.

I wonder what causes them to become touch sensitive? Penetration of moisture/dirt?

Guest AussieDigs

Northeast, myself and my wife met Howard and his wife this morn. What a fantastic couple!

Howard is a bugger though! He upgraded my QED but refused to take any money. Oh this is one seriously light detector. The advancements this detector has over the one i bought recently is substantial.

Chatting to Howard over a coffee showed us how passionate he is with his ‘baby’ and what he has in the ‘works’. I find it hard to believe he sleeps at night with his mind ticking over as it does! For those of us fortunate to be involved in the QED by owning one, this detector will constantly be updated with improvements.

Awesome stuff mate. Hopefully when i get back on my feet (had all the titanium removed from my foot....oh except for two broken screws) i can post on some finds.

regards.

Al.

28058B99-F6F8-4403-835E-028AAF041D4D.jpeg

26C84F5A-B206-4A2D-A8BD-DE7B6593E8A7.jpeg