Out Scouting

Guest AussieDigs

Guest AussieDigs
2 hours ago, madtuna said:

Not always. You have general purpose coils and ground specific coils.

You are not going to hit the scrapes with a 20" coil looking for sub grammers

Thats fine, i didnt buy it for sub-grammers

Guest AussieDigs

The 20” Advantage has arrived. Hopefully a great ‘travelling’ coil!

I shook the box JW but no nugget appeared!

99168CF9-673C-46EF-8610-4287DB471865.jpeg

Guest AussieDigs

Out walking the dogs prior to sunset for 1/2 hr. All i could achieve after 2 weeks on crutches. A little wave of the detector. A few noises. Not much I can do about it ATM but sooo nice being back out there.

D407EB8A-9896-4E9B-B75C-2F3EE9F37DA1.jpeg

Guest AussieDigs

Stitches out of my foot Thurs just gone, so ive started venturing out yesty and today with the QED. Im overdoing the foot but you get that! Ill get a few more hours in tomorrow then a week of wet weather. Prob a good thing! Steep country this arvo.

More trash. Geez! But full on indicators further up the gully. I should have got some pics from up there as it was quite prominent.

DDD9A279-9C9A-4382-A458-7AF0F026874C.jpeg

BAE71D7B-5BA1-4D4A-9D37-1DAC2357F102.jpeg

F3633CB1-FBBB-4823-B1F0-9425D409179D.jpeg

0C5CD531-B1DE-40D6-86AF-555A74B067C5.jpeg

Guest AussieDigs

Yeah i wont knock that back Simon!

ive been covering alot of ground. Id say i did 2.5/3 klms today in extremely steep terrain. It was a workout for the foot, but i learnt more about the QED and found some interesting ideal indicators, just lacking gold.

Over the last few weeks i have learnt that the most inhospitable places HAVE and are STILL being  accessed by many. The pic of the QED withthe shovel head was so far up a gully. There is a good chance it came from up upon the ridge. There was not one area today that did not have quartz.

From this point on and considering my foot, im going to focus on a particular patch. Nevertheless, todays adventure was an absolute hoot!

AussieDigs by the looks of that area (photos) you are in I would be trying some of that flatter ground on the top of those hills if there is any indication of old timers working. The nuggets have not been given the down hill assistant of running away and should be closer to the coil than gullies.  

• Like 1