Out Scouting

Guest AussieDigs

"but i can be a persistent prick!" 

I know what you mean, I spent many weeks in Wederburn back in 1980  with no results except the experience I gained. I now have found several kilos of gold. I was known as the old Duracell Battery  "Bunny Ad. "          Bunny Ad.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, geof_junk said:

also the trench looks like a crosscut to find the reef

I see these kind of 'cross cuts' quite often around here and wonder what they are.   I didn't know if they were trying to intersect something or if they had simply found and removed reef.  Have detected quite a few and have not found a single piece of gold from them - but lots of crap.  

Near the Blue Bell mine there are several of them and then underneath the surface cross cuts there is an actual addit.  A little further away again is the larger, Blue Bell mine.  It surprised me that I couldn't find gold in the cross cuts as they must have found something to then dig quite a large addit directly underneath.  Curiouser and curiouser  ?

Guest AussieDigs

Guys, this one is def not a “cross cut”. It runs prob at least 250m + up the ridge. At the end of one of the diggings you could see quartz. Upon leaving due to it getting dark I noticed further up but to the right an adit. Ill go back there tomorrow. It’s somewhere i can take the dogs without threat of deep shafts as i was discovering earlier today.

Guest AussieDigs

Also, while i think of it, im now running the Quest wireless with earbuds. I wanted a little more volume. I bought an amp off Ebay for $25. It works brilliant. It has a low and high gain switch but low is sufficient for the volume i need.

157CAABC-BD1A-4FE8-B5C3-4DB0FAB1E1CF.jpeg

Hi AussieDigs,

I have a question that perhaps was covered earlier in your thread. Have you gotten with a friend who can perhaps lead you over a target he has found that he thinks is gold and then has you find it? That is one of the most amazing ways of tuning yourself to hear the subtle sounds.

I have shown a couple of people - people who have spend a lot of time detecting too - what a target sound comes through like and they have been amazed. 

Best wishes

• Like 1

Guest AussieDigs

Ahuh, yeah, as long as i dont get asked how much gold it assisted me achieving, lol!

Built in battery with mini USB charge port. It was listed at 8hrs i think from memory. Im confident it will achieve this as it charges very quick after 4 hrs of use. He doesnt have them listed anymore. This was the other that I considered. -

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portable-Audio-HIFI-Headphone-Earphone-Amplifier-AMP-with-3-5mm-Audio-USB-Cable/153175740467?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

10 hours ago, AussieDigs said:

Guys, this one is def not a “cross cut”. It runs prob at least 250m + up the ridge. At the end of one of the diggings you could see quartz. Upon leaving due to it getting dark I noticed further up but to the right an adit. Ill go back there tomorrow. It’s somewhere i can take the dogs without threat of deep shafts as i was discovering earlier today.

The only trenches that I have came across that are that long are water races. Your description seems to fit that. 

Guest AussieDigs
2 hours ago, geof_junk said:

The only trenches that I have came across that are that long are water races. Your description seems to fit that. 

Its not a water race Geof i can assure you that. Ill get some better images and video this arvo. They have followed a reef.

Al.

Guest AussieDigs
6 minutes ago, AussieDigs said:

Its not a water race Geof i can assure you that. It runs down a ridge. Ill get some better images and video this arvo. They have followed a reef.

Al.