Out Scouting

Guest AussieDigs

Guest AussieDigs

Id say not Mad. It doesnt cross any vein that i can see but there was evidence that it did follow a reef. Its typical of what ive seen plenty of elsewhere. In one of the diggings there was quartz at one end showing what they were following. Geez, they have done some digging if they are only looking/testing.

Yeah, I don't know how you guys endure the whole dig every metal target thing. I have a hard enough time with lead shot using discrimination. Any gold I'm missing is ok, because I'm confident I would just give up and have zero chance if I had to dig every piece of iron too.

My ADD pretty much requires I always play to maximize my % of good targets over bad targets, rather than getting every good target out of the ground. It would be nice to have better patience,  but I don't,  and at my age it isn't going to change.

• Like 2

My rule is to at least move every target, even what sounds like surface junk. After many years of detecting I can usually tell a junk target, but every now and then there will be one that fools me, and after grudgingly digging what I have assumed by the sound to be just another bit of rubbish, out comes a slug of the 'real' thing. Some of these surprises have been pretty big.

• Like 5

Guest AussieDigs

Well, i didnt get a chance to detect today as the weather was just not on for it. Instead later in the day i took the dogs for a drive to look at some mines. Interesting that one on the map i couldnt find with another being an adit was not on the map. One adit that we accessed many years ago has collapsed at the entrance to the point i cant even find where it was at the tailings site. It was a great 1 1/2 hr scouting.

I dig all signals. Im too new not too!

Guest AussieDigs

A bit of noise in this quartz! Nah, just typical elevated noise im sure!

F81E668F-5376-43B9-A8B2-00A7E0778749.jpeg

Ill be returning tomorrow. Ill adjust the SMF and see what this vane has to tell me!