First Outing With Teknetics T2se & Cors Shrew

I received my new Teknetics T2 SE Thursday. I also ordered a Cors Shrew coil to go with it. Was using the Cors Shrew for everything in these pictures EXCEPT the bullet, which was found with the stock 11" coil. There will be another Cors coil in the future for me. They make an excellent product.

I'm very pleased with the T2, it's an amazing detector and today it showed me what it can do with less than 4 hrs total time on this machine. It pulled nickels out like no other detector has ever done for me. Lots of power under the hood, and I didn't even run it past 65 on sens. Had really good results cranking disc up to 40, ran 2 tone and 3 tone. I've finally found what I was looking for in a detector.

All the coins and junk are from roughly 3 hrs metal detecting today, bullet is from another site visited today less than an hour. Nothing but clad here, and loads of nickels that are very discolored.I've hit this area earlier this year with the Equinox 600(now gone), and XP ORX. The bullet I found at another place today, but was not even there an hour due to rain. I'm looking for some identification on that lead bullet so if any of you can help with it I'd be glad to hear it. Any idea on age of the bullet?

051219_all.jpg

051219_bullet1.jpg

051219_bullet2.jpg

• Like 3

I had good success today partly to reading your post about your T2 and settings. Thank you for that. With the Equinox it was more a problem of the tones for me. For some reason I couldn't grasp the tone pitch of the 600, felt they were too soft. This does not seem to be a problem with the T2 for me. I didn't have any problems with EMI on this one today either. The only issue I experienced was some falsing when the coil touched things or on far end of sweeps. I ground balanced and that problem went bye bye.

Really impressed with the whole package. The Cors coil is what completes it. Will get me a bigger one soon for larger areas.

Did try the Disc at 0-20, and didn't like all the 30-40 signals popping through. It distracted me quite a bit. One nickel was down over 6 inches and the Shrew coil pulled it in just fine. I get an overload signal on any nickel signal that is less than 2 inches deep. I pull it up a little and get the 57 on the meter, and get a nickel every time. Killer on nickels. And the way I see it, if I'm in that range and the detector is strong in that zone I should be able to get gold jewelry if any every passes by my coil. Was also picking up really small things with this coil. It's crazy because I've been over that same spot with the XP ORX and couldn't get these things. Been over that area numerous times with it in the past couple months. And these items were down far enough to have been there then. Long story short, this T2 and coil combo has the right stuff for me and my ears.

• Like 2