A Few More Relics With The 800 From The 1850's Site

I was able to get back to my 1850's site early this morning for an all day hunt. First half of the day was slow, only a couple of trouser buttons, a percussion cap and some lead. The latter half of the day finally started to get a bit more exciting with 4 buttons, more percussion caps and some misc, pieces of flat brass debris and more lead.

Running my Nox as follows.

11" coil

2-tones

recovery 6

iron bias 0

tone break at -9 to +9

sens 23

Park 1

button4.jpg

button5.jpg

button3.jpg

button1.jpg

• Like 9

Nice presentation Dan!!! Thanks for including your detector settings and congratulations on your button and various finds. ☺️

Jim.

Hello Dan, and again, congratulations on your finds. Your pictures of the pecan orchards are as nice as the description you wrote previously. Comparing your settings, your latest settings were slightly different: faster recovery (6 vs 4); narrowed disc (-9 to 9 vs -9 to 10). You were still able to run 23 sensitivity. Did you find the changes helpful overall?  Interested in your general assessment because you have a unique site and have varied your approach, albeit slightly.

Thanks for your posting.

Curtis

6 hours ago, Flowdog said:

Hello Dan, and again, congratulations on your finds. Your pictures of the pecan orchards are as nice as the description you wrote previously. Comparing your settings, your latest settings were slightly different: faster recovery (6 vs 4); narrowed disc (-9 to 9 vs -9 to 10). You were still able to run 23 sensitivity. Did you find the changes helpful overall?  Interested in your general assessment because you have a unique site and have varied your approach, albeit slightly.

Thanks for your posting.

Curtis

Thank you Curtis!

I was running recovery speed at 4 for some extra depth the last time just to test it out. We normally run it 6 because of the unreal amount of debris here. I hit a spot that was extra noisy and bumped it back up. I changed my disc because I got tired of chasing lead balls and bits of percussion caps.  Some days you just have more patience to handle more hits, today wasn't one of those days ?

lead.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah, I hear ya. I appreciate knowing you're not a treasure hunting robot?.

Continued good fortune to you and thanks for responding.

NICE job, Dan!  Very nice digs; I love the Dragoon button!  Those don't turn up all that frequently, in my limited experience...

Steve

• Thanks 1