Sign in to follow this  
nugget hunter nz

Few Pics Of Last Years Finds Plus My Modded Gpx4500

Thought I'd do we show and tell these are from summer 2018 mainly bedrock hunting in upper creek heads .. using my gpx4500 and goldmonster 1000 all the fines in the left container were from the monster apart from a couple that were gpx or nox800   the two in the centre are 1.7 and 1.6 grams  still yet to break the 2 gram yet hopfuly this year .. I'll be pulling alot of you tube videos up if you want to follow my channel its nugget hunter new zealand ...

I have a modded gpx4500 but I also modded the shaft to a 3 piece gold big 2 shaft it makes it very portable and easy to carry into hills 

20190513_160004.jpg

20190513_160130.jpg

20190513_160140.jpg

20190513_160152.jpg

• Like 1

That's a lot of gold, do you normally run that 10x5 DD on your GPX?

Interesting mod with the GB2 shaft.

9 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Only just started using it .. I accturly put a comment on your post about nox and hot rocks with your gpx ? this coil went blow for blow woth my we sadie coil ..I was really surprised being a dd   .. and beauty about it is I can run the iron descrim and rule out trash and hot rocks  or use it to check for iron havent had it lie to me yet with a iron setting of 2 or 3  it's a very good coil down side it they arnt waterproof but I just siliconed up the plug and shes good as lol

13 minutes ago, phrunt said:

As for gold I had more but sold mabe half .. it's mainly pulling flakes from bed rock with the vlf then cleaning out the cracks to get every spec when I find a bit adds up pretty quick 

Do you run the DD in mono mode? that'd probably make it fairly sensitive?

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

Do you run the DD in mono mode? that'd probably make it fairly sensitive?

Havent needed to it will still hit a .07 in Dd same as my sadie coil but I do run it in mono when on bedrock as it's a very small chance of trash there .. .. my sadie is still my go to coil tho love that see you have one also the 8x6 nf

• Like 1

The Sadie is a great coil, I won one when R.J. first released them in competition naming the coil. I did not call it Sadie, but got a runner up coil. I did not use it very much as the Wife claim it and it was hard to get much of a go with it  :sad:

• Haha 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By IronDigger
      Does anyone sell the green grounding button and cord without the handle for the gpx series of detectors? I have a handle ..only need the cord and green button. 
    • By Busho
      Hi guys. Been really sick, still am kind of, recovered about 50%. But came back and saw some notifications. Two can't find. But, I reckon before I got sick I shot off at a member here and may have got it wrong. So, you know who you are and no hard feelings mate, my bad this time. To the Boss, Steve, same, my bad. Still not right though, real bad virus. Haven't felt like this in over 20 yrs. Got fed up of laying around coughing, sweating, nausea so got out. Felt great, kind of, short sessions though and glad to get home. But small wins regardless. 1st pic at the head of a deep lead in the very very last throw outs going up a mountainside. 2nd total virgin ground, very scattered, no rhyme or reason, been there before and it's like "toss a coin" direction you go. 

• By Smithsgold
      River Detecting for Gold Nuggets
      See who gets the Biggest Nugget
      Gold Prospector's Jeff ( Smithsgold ) and Gary ( Two Toes ) Head to the Hills in search of  rare Gold Nuggets.
      Watch and see who gets the most Gold and the Biggest Nugget.
      SG 010
    • By Nugglorious
      Found this little guy on my second hunt with the nox.  Just barely registers at .01g on the scale.  It rang clear at 2 inches deep.  I'm hunting in trashy hydraulic pits that have been hit hard with PI's and  VLF's but I think I'm the first equinox user.  I never thought I could remain sane hunting these areas but this machine changes everything.  Only iron I dug was the old burro shoe.......pretty cool!!
      Im in gold 2, sensitivity 18-20 the rest all stock settings.
      Thanks

• By Glenn in CO
      Dealing with some family issues me, my wife and a group of friends finally made a trip to the central Colorado mountain’s to search for gold specimens on tailing piles that have been productive in the past. Part of the group this was their first time using a detector searching for gold specimens. After a brief overview of the history and different areas to search, we spent some time setting up the different types of detectors to achieve the best results. We then took off in different directions with some partnering up with others for additional instruction. It didn’t take long for the 10,000+ foot altitude to begin taking its toll and the steep terrain limiting the area they wish to search as everyone was cautious for their well-being while detecting. The group detected for three days and four specimens were found.

Here are a few pics showing the wire and leaf gold specimens as found and then cleaned:

Close up of the largest gold specimens:

Couple of us detecting on the tailing piles: