New X Coils Coming For Gpx

Aw wow how did you her hold of one ... I'd love to get one to try out .and yes sorry my phone has a wierd auto correct lol ... if they go as well as they have on the gpz I'll be a happy man more depth and sensitivity ... if you know who to contact to get one can you please PM me  also do you know what size they offer for gpx

Can't wait to try one of these coils on a QED. The Bulgarian carbon fiber CC coil has yet to come up to expectations so far.

• Like 2

The closest existing spiral wound coil for GPX's is the 12x8" Evo, so be good to compare to that one. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davsgold said:

I have a 12" coil for the GPX and it is flat wound (like the Evo's) I am not sure about the 12x6 of Simons, it was sent direct to him, but I will check with the manufacture.

cheers dave

Ok, thanks. That is again interesting. I know that even though a coil can have the exact same type of wind, that there are different types of litz wire as per strands used. Some more strands, some less. I have used some proto coils in years gone by. Some used more strands, like I said, some less. One I tried was super flighty, but if you got to know it, it outperformed the quieter one. It didn't make the grade as most didn't like it being flightier. But damn, was it a good coil. That was in the standard winds though and as good as it was the flats were better. But before them, it was a much better coil. Love to see in person an Evo vs an X here in Oz. In real conditions, not a test patch. Out and testing responses on undugs. One day perhaps. 

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 9:08 PM, davsgold said:

G'day Trent

I have a reply from the manufacture, "Simon's coil winding is not a bundle or a spiral. She has something in between. It can be called semi spiral"

cheers dave

Hi mate. Where can these coils be purchased from in Aus for the GPX's and can a person go and see one before hand in the field? 

Are there any round versions above 12" in the line up?