The Equinox Is Great On Gold

Great report Mike! You have demonstrated how viable EQ is in hot goldfield conditions. Were you using either of the Gold modes in factory settings or did conditions require some adjustments? Whichever the case, would you mind sharing your settings? 

Thanks,

Curtis

• Like 1

I saw it in action in OZ considering that it is doing very well on Europe beaches i think it has proven it can cover a large aspect of metal detecting.

I think i would have bought one during my trip if i wasn't already loaded with machines.................

RR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's a very good gold detector, but don't be scared to use the 11" coil, it's almost as sensitive on tiny gold but you get the ground coverage too.

I plan on trying out the 11” coil in some tailings piles i can’t hunt with my GPZ due to the overwhelming trash. Your posts were the ones that inspired my decision to go ahead with the equinox 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

I saw it in action in OZ considering that it is doing very well on Europe beaches i think it has proven it can cover a large aspect of metal detecting.

I think i would have bought one during my trip if i wasn't already loaded with machines.................

RR

I only used gold 1 and 2. 1 in the patch where the ground is beyond mild and 2 where it was hot as any. It’s a strange spot because even though the cabin and patch are only a couple hundred feet apart the ground is that different. The patch is solid bedrock and the cabin is about a foot of hot virgin soil on top of the bedrock. 

I will be playing around with the settings next time out but because this was day one with it and I only had an hour I just stuck with those settings. 

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 9:53 PM, D&P-OR said:

Thanks for the report Mike.----I have been wondering how the Equinox would do nugget hunting (with the 6" coil).

There have been like a dozen threads on finding gold nuggets with the Equinox and 6” coil since last year if you do some looking.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/7468-my-tips-on-nugget-detecting-with-the-minelab-equinox/

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/9606-tiny-gold-hunting-with-the-equinox-800/

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

4 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

I've followed you on Instagram for a while - just put together that you're also here! Just curious Mike, have you had it across any ironstone or serpentine yet?

I still only have the one hour in it. Family duties called me away for a bit so no ironstone or serpentine yet. I would imagine serpentine will limit its effectiveness and I’ve found ironstone can vary so much in detectors I'm not sure my report on it would be of great value to you. 

I don’t post on here much but I was trying to decide between a nox and Gold Monster. I’ve used the monster but this is my first go with the nox. I thought I should give my impressions in case it helps others since the users on this forum helped me make the decision. I wouldn’t take only my opinion as a guide but thought another view would help someone get a better overall educated decision before they shell out the money.

I hope you enjoy the Instagram. I do it to help others get an idea of what us gold Detectorists do out there and maybe get some younger people involved in prospecting since it seems fewer and fewer people are doing it every year and kids don’t even get outdoors anymore. 

• Like 6