Back In The Saddle Again

Got lucky in a few way's today. I was supposed to have a dentist appointment so i got off work at noon. Ends up the dentist called my wife and changed the appointment date. So i got a few hour of detecting in and scored my first gold in awhile. Off on my Zuma to find some Gold!

I headed into an upper fork of the same stream i was hunting in the snowy pics i posted. Shortly after i arrived i noticed an area that had scoured from the recent Super Cell down pours. The scour was small but it exposed a little bedrock just along the edge of an old tailing pile. The tailings split the stream into a very uniform braid. I had found pieces down stream under the edge of the old tailings therefor i dove in and tossed some boulders and moved some dirt to expose an area a few meters long by a half meter wide. With my first pass of the coil i heard a faint warble nearly like old lead but a bit different. Hmm i thought with a smile. In many locations i'd have thought lead but i had never found any lead in this stream and very little in the entire area for that matter. After afew swings of the coil and waves of the hand i was smilen big at a little rough nug. Sweet! Into my poke and back at it. I focused on a spot just above this piece that showed a big boulder resting on the bed rock and as i passed it seem a mellow sweet signal. Awesome its under the boulder and very unlikely anything but gold. Needless to say i tore that boulder out and their underneath about 3 inches lay a beautiful dwt piece. Made my day and broke my little dry spell. Super stoked i continued on but only came up with a few nail tips and a piece of very thin wire. All of these were a little above were i found the gold. After i pulled the big piece i burrowed into the bank more but had no more signals. I'll let her rest until i want to return and dig. This weekend i'll be out to find the new patch I've been determined to find. The place i'm going is a 3 mile each way march so i'll be gettn in early and out late to spend as much time as possible swinging my good old SDC.

The little rough piece was .1 dwt and the big one as i said above 1 dwt exactly.

Good Luck

AjR

post-661-0-37605800-1432907220_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

AjR-

Nice man! Great lookin gold. Glad to see you out and nailin them down. 

I'm taking the SDC for a swing this weekend myself and hope to duplicate your results.

Great work!

Dean

Thanks for the comments gentlemen.

I've been so busy with work and family that i have only been out 2 days in the last month and a half or so. I've been on the search for a new patch. Those last two times out i hiked into an old pocket mine area but had no luck and also to an old drag line and bulldozer mine high on a ridge line but once again struck out. Also hiked up a stream that had produced big gold historically but slides as well as seasonal water events had buried nearly all of the bedrock deep. I found one stretch that was still exposed but got not one signal.

I'm up at 4:30 and gone by 5 tomorrow to a stream I've planed to hit for a few years. Its historically very rich and ringed by free milling/pocket hard rock mines in the upper watershed. Sniffn hard for a new spot to work over.

Good luck out there Dean!

Thanks again

AjR