Sign in to follow this  
PG-Prospecting

Minelab Equinox 800 Vs. Gold Monster 1000

Finally go the video finished of comparing equinox 800 to the gold monster 1000 on in-situ targets in the field.  This is my no mean the comprehensive review as im sure the settings on the equinox could be tweaked more produce even better results.  But from what i saw on my ground they were vary evenly matched.  The gold monster seemed to pop a little harder on the targets, but the equinox still hit all the targets the gm1000 hit.  Since i detect mainly creeks the equinox has a leg up since its water proof and i dont have to worry about it getting wet or falling in the creek.  Hope you guys enjoy the video and ill take more footage as i work this little patch.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Your thoughts about mirror mine, there is very little in it and you've demonstrated very well to people why you can't ignore those negative numbers on the Equinox, if it flicks off -8 or -9 even once for me I dig it, only if it's a solid -9 or -8 do a pass over it and even then I could be missing gold but in our hot rock areas you just have no choice.  In cleaner ground I'd just dig it all.  Even a much larger nugget at depth comes up in those high negative numbers.

To me the boosted loud audio on the Gold Monster is slighter better than the Equinox making targets stand out more, other than that.. very evenly matched.   The thing I like best about the Equinox is just how sensitive the 11" coil is to tiny gold as I do greatly enjoy the ground coverage you can get with it over the 6".

If someone owns one of them there is really no need to rush out and buy the other one unless there is a feature they want on it.  If you were picking which one to buy out of the two I'd buy the Equinox, mainly because it's multi purpose, waterproof and just as good for finding gold.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sting Ray
      I have recently been using my Equinox 800 for saltwater hunting.  The obvious settings, Beach 2,  Iron off.  Since I am forced to a slower swing, I drop recovery speed to about 2-3 (4-5 on beach).   
      I am forced to drop the sensitivity to 15 or below.   I have noticed the waves will cause signals and dips in the sand too.   This has become frustrating as I use a CTX-3030 and do not get nearly the false signals.   Any suggestions to try?

• By GKman
      Hi Folks
      I have been busy making quite a few finds recently. After more than a year with the Equinox, it continues to impress me with it's capabilities.
      Some of my recent finds include some early 1630's Kettle Points and Turtle Effigy, Spanish Silver, KG's and more. I even have had it scuba diving. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the volume with the Grey Ghost headphones. I have a new pair of Tony Eisenhower headphones ready to try out with the hopes that the volume is better. We shall see.
      HH Everyone...

• By Alex dragongold
      Hi all, just wanna show u this find ,was  in a breccia pipe, its not gold but its beautiful too ,cuprite crystal with native copper thanks to the gold monster, regards 👍

• By ColonelDan
      In a previous post of mine, I made the case for using 3 tones based on Low, Medium and High conductive targets; a system I routinely use in hunting our Florida beaches.  It's simple, effective and gives me the information I really need.
      The videos below however, make a strong case for 2 tones and the "Dig it All" approach when using the Equinox series detectors.   Why?  As you'll see in those videos, the tested targets span the VDI spectrum based on metallurgical composition, shape and size. Granted, these are nothing more than air tests which aren't affected by depth, moisture or ground mineralization but they at least provide some indication as to how a variety of targets range the VDI scale based on their individual characteristics.
      If using 2 tones, I would personally set the tone breaks at -9 to 0 using tone pitch 1 indicating probable junk and the second tone break at 1 thru 40 using tone pitch 25.
      If I were interested only in a more detailed target description, I would lean heavily toward the CTX 3030.  However, in the type of beach hunting I do, I favor the Multi IQ, faster processor, enhanced sensitivity and weight of the EQX over the CTX...just my personal preference or as I always say, "Just the view from my foxhole."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsgspduZA_8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7345qtsc7s&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMHH5ynSwW0&feature=youtu.be