The Garrett Ace 400 metal detector was introduced in 2016 and is still in production. The Ace 400 is a 10 kHz VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, and relic detecting.
"The King of ACEs. All Purpose Versatility. With Digital Target ID and Iron Audio, the ACE 400 is powerful on coins, jewelry, and artifacts!" Source: Garrett 2018 catalog
Garrett Ace 400 metal detector
Garrett Ace 400 control panel
- Iron Audio: allows user to hear discriminated iron targets and to alter the mid-tone signal range.
- Digital Target ID: 0 to 99 scale offers target information
- Higher frequency (10 kHz) provides better sensitivity on low and medium-conductivity targets (i.e. gold, lead)
- Adjustable Frequency to help eliminate interference
- Camlocks for better stem stability
- Includes Pulse-Width Modulation audio: sharper, more responsive audio
- 8.5" x 11" PROformance™ submersible DD searchcoil offers excellent coverage, depth
- Enhanced Iron Resolution: twice the iron resolution of an ACE 250, to help separate good targets from adjacent junk iron
- Includes Electronic Pinpointing: precisely locates targets and speeds recovery
- Notch Discrimination: Modify discrimination patterns based on what you are seeking.
- Five Search Modes (plus Pinpoint)
- Eight (8) Sensitivity/Depth adjustments
- Coin Depth Indicator determines target depth
- Expanded Target ID legend: includes indication of U.S. coin denominations
Edited by Steve Herschbach