The Minelab GPX 5000 detector was released in 2010 and is still in production. The GPX 5000 is a pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at the gold prospecting market but which has become popular also with relic hunters. Note that the retail price of this detector normally includes two coils, an 11" round DD plus a 12" x 15" mono coil.
"Gold detecting is a fascinating and rewarding activity enjoyed by people all over the world. By getting to know your GPX Series detector you can become one of the many who find gold and valuable treasure on a regular basis. The GPX 5000 and GPX 4800 are high precision instruments incorporating Multi-Period Sensing (MPS), Dual Voltage Technology (DVT), Smart Electronic Timing Alignment (SETA), and advanced digital processing. The GPX 5000 and GPX 4800 will locate gold in all types of ground, especially highly mineralised ground conditions, with great efficiency. This manual is designed to help both the beginner and expert prospector get the best performance out of their GPX 5000 and GPX 4800." Source: Owner's Manual
Minelab GPX 5000 metal detector
Minelab GPX 5000 controls
- MPS, DVT & SETA Technology
- 8 Timings make the GPX 5000 very versatile. It's like having 8 detectors in 1. In addition to five of the Timings found on the previous model the GPX 5000 introduces three new Timings: Coin/Relic, Salt/Gold and Fine Gold.
- Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance — bring home more nuggets even from ground thought to be completely worked out!
- Salt/Gold Timing is great for all nugget sizes in salty ground — outstanding at the beach!
- Coin/Relic Timing is the deepest ever for benign ground conditions.
- Improved Enhance Timing for more depth
- Improved electronics for increased target sensitivity and ground balance performance
- Six preset Search Modes gives you easy switch on and go detecting. In addition to General and Deep search are: Hi-Mineral, Patch, Hi-Trash and Pinpoint. All six Search Modes can be modified to your personal favourite settings. Menu accessible Search Modes can also be renamed.
- Increased Rx Gain adjustment allows you more precise sensitivity control for optimum performance.
- Automatic Ground balance options make it easy to adjust the detector to suit all ground conditions. e.g. (Fixed, Tracking, Tracking speed, Ground Balance Type, Quick-Trac button).
- Audio adjustments to maximize target signals for your personal hearing ability e.g. (Threshold, Tone, Audio Type, Signal Peak, Response, Target Volume, Volume limit, Stabilizer).
- Iron Reject adjustable to suit the iron trash level where you are detecting.
- Motion control, adjustable to match your sweep speed and optimise target responses.
- Tune (also known as Noise Cancel) - Automatic and Manual options to minimize electrical interference.
- Backlight so that you can read the LCD menu in any light, allowing you to detect day or night. The back light also has an adjustable timeout to help preserve battery power.
- Lightweight Li-ion Battery with inbuilt Speaker Booster capability
- Two coils as standard: 11” Double-D coil plus 15 x 12-inch Monoloop coil giving you added versatility and value.
- Languages: English, Spanish, Russian & Arabic (manual only)
Edited by Steve Herschbach