The Nokta/Makro FORS Gold was introduced in 2014 and discontinued in 2016, replaced by the Nokta FORS Gold+. The FORS Gold is a 15 kHz VLF metal detector aimed primarily at gold nugget, relic, coin, and jewelry detecting.
"FORS Gold metal detector, with its features, design and accessories, is a professional metal detector developed based on gold prospectors' needs worldwide. FORS Gold metal detector has been designed to be extremely sensitive to the smallest nuggets. It has advanced settings which minimize the effects of highly mineralized soils and hot rocks frequently encountered in gold fields. It will find nuggets that other detectors miss at unmatched depths." Source: FORS Gold brochure
Nokta FORS Gold metal detector
- GROUND TRACKING - Along with automatic and manual ground balancing, NOKTA FORS Gold Pro metal detector also offers ground tracking which tracks the changes in ground and automatically adjusts the ground balance to suit. The visible or invisible changes in ground affects the detection depth as well as the discrimination ability of the device so you can improve the performance of the device by activating this feature on suitable ground.
- DIGITAL TARGET ID – ID MASKING - When NOKTA FORS Gold Pro metal detector detects a target, it displays the target ID on the screen and gives you an idea about what the target may be. ID Masking, on the other hand, enables you to search by ignoring unwanted targets. It provides ease of use by rejecting hot rocks and metals such as iron and foil.
- DUAL LCD DISPLAY AND GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE - FORS Gold has 2 LCD displays – one on the system box and one on the handle. Dual LCD display and graphical user interface let you easily adjust the settings and see all the information you need on the screens. Once you adjust your settings on the LCD panel located on the system box, you can follow most of the information on the display in the front. This way you don’t need to go back and check the LCD panel constantly. This provides great comfort during searching.
- ELECTRONIC PINPOINTING AND DEPTH INDICATOR - With NOKTA FORS Gold Pro metal detector, you can easily pinpoint a target with just the push of a button. As the target is approached in the pinpoint mode, the signal tone will get stronger and change in pitch and at the same time, the depth reading will appear on both screens. Pinpoint feature will save you digging time and enable you to reach your target faster.
- VIBRATION MODE - Designed with the hearing impaired in mind, FORS Gold achieved a first with the vibration feature. Vibration feature is also ideal for users who do not want to use headphones in outdoor noise such as wind or waves.
- BUILT-IN LED FLASHLIGHT - FORS Gold built-in flashlight offers great convenience by illuminating the scan area when searching at night or in dark. You will not need an external illumination device.
- EASY USE AND ERGONOMIC DESIGN - FORS Gold is impressing not only with its electronics and software, but with its ease of use and ergonomic design as well. With its easy access settings, its widest scan design and its ergonomics which will not exhaust you during prolonged searches, FORS Gold is an indispensable detector for all detectorists.
- LONG BATTERY LIFE - FORS Gold works with 4 AA Alkaline batteries that can easily be purchased anywhere and provides approximately 25-30 hours of use. You can also purchase the optional rechargeable batteries and the charger and charge your batteries at home or in your car.
Edited by Steve Herschbach