The Tarsacci MDT 8000 metal detector was introduced in late 2018 and is still in production. It is a selectable frequency metal detector aimed primarily at beach detecting at this time with more applications possible in the future. The Tarsacci MDT 8000 allows the operator to choose between one of four operating frequencies - 6.4, 9, 12, and 18 kHz.
Tarsacci is a new U.S. based company just getting off the ground and the MDT 8000 is just going into early production as of December 2018. The unit is so new some changes may be made still once more units get into customer hands for reports. This effort is being highlighted by Tom Dankowski on his forum since Tom has been involved in the development of the new model to some degree. Main Tarsacci MDT 8000 thread on Dankowski forum. There is a reporting thread on the forum here at this link.
A quote from Tom Dankowski: "The new MD8000 Tarsacci is neither VLF or PI. It is a Multi Domain based platform."
From the Tarsacci MDT 8000 Owner's Manual:
"The Tarsacci was developed under the premise of mineralized dirt. There is a wide variance of minerals around the World. As such, performance may be gained (in many cases) with "Black Sand" and/or "Salt" Mode(s) invoked, even if local dirt conditions do not contain black sand or salt. Finding a few deeper targets; then experimenting with the Black Sand and Salt Modes on these deeper targets, can be a real eye-opener. For example: a combination of natural graphite (a form of hot rock) present in mineralized magnetic soil. In this case, find a piece of native graphite. Using the salinity balance function, balance the detector to it: then ground balance the detector. With a proper salinity balance setting, the graphite will no longer exist to the detector and the targets ID and detectability range, in graphite presence, will be greatly improved (unmasking more targets).
Depending upon local conditions, the Tarsacci can use the conductivity of the wet-salt to enhance overall depth performance. This is to say; there may be cases whereby buried wet-salt performance presents better results when compared to air-test performance. It is also common for the conductive wet-salt to increase depth performance too much; subsequently, lowering the Sensitivity a few points becomes a 'stability' requirement. Remember: The intended purpose of balancing the Tarsacci to "Salt"...… is to generate a condition whereby the Tarsacci no longer sees the wet-salt; unlike conventional detectors that must phase-shift out/compensate for the wet salt. If the Tarsacci sees/uses too much of the conductive properties of the wet-salt, the unit may become unstable; hence, zero the salt via "Salt" balance. Use this function wisely and to your advantage. If the volume of salt becomes too conductive (i.e.: submerged in salt water) it may also become a requirement to lower Sensitivity in order to bring excessive (unstable) depth performance back down to maximum (stable) depth performance."
Tarsacci MDT 8000 control panel and display
- Technology : Mixed Domain (Patent Pending)
- Operating Frequency : 6.4kHz/9kHz/12kHz/18kHz
- Ground Balance : Manual / Fast Auto
- Tracking : Yes
- Black Sand Mode : Yes
- Salt Mode : Yes
- Salinity Balance : Manual
- Salinity Level : 0 to 50
- Target Identification : Ferrous -30 to 0 / Non-ferrous 1 to 30
- Sensitivity : 1 to 9
- Threshold Level : -9 to 0
- Target Volume : 1 to 15
- Target Tones : 4
- Tone Break : Ferrous and Non-ferrous with adjustable notch filter
- Audio Modes : All Metal / Discrimination / Mix
- Audio Output : Speaker / Headphones
- Display : 128X64 Graphic LCD
- LCD Backlight : Yes
- Battery : 26650 Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery (3.7V @ 5000mAh)
- Battery Life : Up to email@example.comHz/24h@9kHz/30h@12kHz/36h@18kHz
- Operating Temperature :-10C to +50C (+14F to +122F)
- Search Coil : Tarsacci MDT 11X9 DD
- Shaft : Telescopic 3K carbon fiber with molded 3K carbon fiber “S” rod and armrest
- Length : 965cm to 1346cm (38” to 53”)
- Weight : 1280g (2.82lb) including the battery
- Waterproof : IP68 (Up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes in still water).
- Headphones (Included) : Wired 3.5mm non-waterproof
Detector Prospector Report Thread (tnsharpshooter)
Edited by Steve Herschbach