The White's Sierra Gold Trac (SGT) metal detector was introduced in 2013 and is still in production. It is a 48 khz induction balance metal detector aimed primarily at gold prospecting. The SGT is a stripped down version of the White's GMT in that it only has two controls and is locked into full time ground tracking, but other than that it has all the power of the GMT for half the price. The SGT had an MSRP of $599.95 when introduced in 2013 but was discounted to $499.95. It was temporarily discontinued but revived in 2018 with a new price of $399.95.
"High-frequency (48kHz) gold nugget detector with just two controls - GAIN and THRESHOLD. Automatic ground balance. Perfect entry-level prospector." Source: 2019 White's catalog
White's Sierra Gold Trac SGT metal detector
- AUTO GROUND BALANCE with Fast AutoTrac®
- TRACKS AND ADJUSTS while you hunt
- SIMPLIFIED TWO KNOB OPERATION for ease of use
- TWO CONTROLS - Power/Gain and Audio Threshold
- WATERPROOF ELLIPTICAL “DD” search coil
- 48 KHZ operating frequency - Best for gold!
- EIGHT “AA” Drop-in Battery System
- 40 HRS. OF HUNTING (Optional Nicad Rechargeable System, sold separately)
- LIGHTWEIGHT only 3.4 lbs
- TWO-YEAR Parts and Labor Warranty
Edited by Steve Herschbach