The White's TDI SL Special Edition metal detector was introduced in 2018 and is still in production. It is a pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at relics, gold prospecting, and beach detecting. The TDI SL Special Edition is a variant of the White's TDI SL and according to White's available for a limited time only.
"The TDI SL Metal Detector has pulse induction power that provides unbeatable depth and sensitivity in its price range. And now the deal is even better. More than a new paint job, this Special Edition features key changes to the TDI platform aimed at serious prospectors. First and foremost, this detector ships with an 8 x 12″ Miner John Designs Folded Mono search coil. This choice was made to give gold prospectors better depth on large nuggets, but also increased sensitivity to small specimen gold that other pulse machines might miss. We also swapped the intermediate and lower shafts to create a streamlined “straight shaft” configuration preferred by gold hunters. Finally, to top it all off we revamped the control box with a desert tan paint scheme ideal for hot environments. This package is offered for a limited time and at a discounted price. And best of all the detector and coil are Made in America. The rechargeable NIMH battery lasts up to 6 hours, and a backup AA battery back will power all-day exploration. At a weight of only 3.3 lbs, and rugged metal construction, this Special Edition TDI SL is ready for serious prospecting. Are you?" Source: White's website
White's TDI SL Special Edition metal detector
White's TDI SL Special Edition control panel
- SPECIAL LIMITED EDITION MODEL - Featuring desert tan control box and a post grip straight shaft plus Miner John coil
- FULL-CONTROL GROUND BALANCE - Quickly balance out the iron mineralization of hot rocks, black sand and other tough grounds
- ADJUSTABLE PULSE DELAY - Settings from 10 microseconds (best for finding gold nuggets) to 25 microseconds (for relic, coin and beach hunting)
- VARIABLE AUDIO - Select with Ground Balance “ON”.
- 3-WAY TARGET CONDUCTIVITY SELECTOR - Allows variable audio to hear either only low conductive targets like most gold nuggets, or high-conductive targets like silver coins and large relics, or both. Unique ability to aid in identifying trash
- THRESHOLD CONTROL - Accurately adjust the audio to hear the smaller, deeper signals
- FREQUENCY CONTROL - Adjustable for hunting near power lines, microwave or other interference
- GAIN CONTROL - Maximizes sensitivity and depth
- BATTERY L.E.D. INDICATOR LIGHT
- NIMH RECHARGEABLE BATTERY PACK - Up to 6 hours of hunting. Backup “AA” pack included.
- MINER JOHN 8" x 12" Folded Mono search coil
- TWO-YEAR Parts and Labor Warranty
Edited by Steve Herschbach