The White's XLT metal detector was introduced in 1994 as the Spectrum XLT. It was cosmetically refashioned as the XLT E-Series in 2001 and finally discontinued in 2010. The XLT is a 6.59 kHz VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, and relic detecting.
"XLT® is high-performance simplicity and versatility at it’s best. High tech treasure hunting is as easy as turning on the XLT® and selecting a Turn-on and Go! program. With 5 expertly-designed programs to choose from, you’ve got virtually every kind of hunting covered. It’s easy to enhance a program, too, for your particular hunting with one of 10 Basic Adjustments or even a Professional Option. Completely automatic or totally adjustable!" Source: White's 2006 catalog
White's Spectrum XLT metal detector
White's XLT control panel
- 5 Turn-on-and-Go! Programs - ready to hunt right out of the box. Completely automatic, professionally engineered for high performance.
- 10 Basic Adjustments Adjust every aspect of your hunting. Popular adjustments include Tone I.D., Silent Search, Fade Rate, Block Edit, and AutoTrac® Speed.
- 29 Pro Options
- Complete Visual Display. Target icons, VDI numbers and White’s exclusive SignaGraph® target signature. Flip the trigger and activate the depth screen.
- Automatic Ground Balance with AutoTrac®. Tracks and adjusts to changing grounds as you hunt.
- High Definition megapixel display.
- Powerful, waterproof 9 1/2” search coil.
- Slide-in Nicad Battery System. Up to 15 hrs. of power-packed hunting on one charge. Backup penlight pack also included.
- Two-year Parts and Labor Warranty.