No More White's MX Sport Problem Threads

The furor over the White's MX Sport seems to be gathering force on other forums but has long since been old news on this forum. As such it has run out of steam and I prefer no more threads be started over the problems with the MX Sport. For those who wish to keep going round and round about the issues with the MX Sport there are two threads currently running at http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/white-s/509514-mx-sport-trouble.html and http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,109780

My advice is simple. If you do not have an MX Sport there is no rush to get one until there is some way to clearly tell what it is exactly that you are buying. There are various versions of the machine in the distributor and dealer pipeline, and apparently nobody can tell if a machine in a box has the latest version of the firmware AND that it has a face plate that is not going to crack in the first year or two. And frankly, in my opinion the latest version of the firmware is not likely to be the last.

OFFICIAL WHITE'S RESPONSE TO ISSUES 7/20/16 - http://forums.whiteselectronics.com/showthread.php?76138-MX-Sport-Screen-inspection

"If your SAT goes to "EIGHT" and you "DO NOT" have any cracks in the clear part of the display, DO NOT send it in for updating.

If your SAT only goes to (6), and/or... you "do have" cracks in your display, DO send it in for updating.

As mentioned prior, the serial number sequence will not tell a person if it needs to be updated, nor if display cracks are possible.

We are sorry for all this and are working hard to resolve any and all issues as quickly as possible.

Again, 

"EIGHT" SAT, no cracks, NO need for updating.

(6) SAT, and/or cracks, DO send it in for updating."

ACCORDING TO INFORMATION ON THE THREAD THERE IS NO WAY TO DETERMINE VISUALLY OR VIA SERIAL NUMBER WHETHER THE SCREEN WILL CRACK BEFORE HAND.

addon.jpg

If for any reason anyone believes they have ANY issue with an MX Sport that they think should be taken care of under warranty, then contact White's directly and get it resolved to your satisfaction. Or get a refund for the unit if you can. Or sell it and move on. I have.

• Like 3

For those of you who do not know, The Whites MX-Sport is now Listed as Out of Stock at Whites as they are trying to resolve certain mechanical problems.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,110928,110951#msg-110951

Hi Yar,

I had to go look for myself but I didn't see the same. It shows it's available through dealers. 

My detector MXS has enough air miles I have a free trip down under. Don't ask me down under where. That I don't know yet.ha

Chuck

PS I do love it ! 

Just checked and it says (in small letters beneath "find a dealer") "sign up to be notified when this product is back in stock".  Had to put my bi-focals on to read it.

Letter sent to dealers by White's Electronics:

"We deeply regret that the some of the MX Sports we have manufactured since launch in February have not been the quality products you expect from White's. 

After the initial customer feedback on the MX Sport, we took immediate action to improve its performance. But the way we handled the firmware updates was confusing, and we're taking action to make sure it never happens again. Recently, we noticed a few machines that had random cracks on the corners of the faceplates, and quickly made the call to put MX Sport production on hold in order to protect you and our customers from even more grief. We have all hands on deck right now and are working to solve the problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and your customers. We truly believe in this product- and we are 100% committed to making this right. This is our highest priority. As soon as we have thoroughly tested and verified the solution for the faceplate issue, we will notify dealers and registered MX Sport owners.

Sincerely,

White's Electronics"

Source: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showpost.php?p=2620275&postcount=5

• Like 2

Well that's best to stop them from going out the door. Just look at the cost of my detector on the number of times it has made the trip both ways. More than one time I got it over night.

The thing with White's not one time did they make me wait on sending it in or getting it back. On the crack face cover White's got it that morning about 9:45 and it was on it's way back that afternoon.

Ask me will I do it again and that's a positive yes! I'm looking at the Xventure right now.

Chuck