A New Way To Do 50 Tone Audio

Yes! How i hunt in 4 tone in the 3030 is now 50 tone!!!!  That'll be neat!

• Like 1

Steve - for the 600, my understanding is that you cannot adjust tone pitch for the non-ferrous tones.  For 50 tone mode (where I plan to be nearly 100% of the time), as far as adjusting the tone gap (tone pitch) from the 1, 20 default, I take it that you can only adjust the ferrous number up, but the non-ferrous pitch number remains fixed at 20, correct?  Does that mean, you can lower the tone gap only by raising the ferrous tone, but not by lowering the non-ferrous tone (or both) on the 600.  In other words, to lower the 50 tone ferrous - to - non-ferrous gap on the 600, you have to increase the ferrous tone which, I suppose, can be raised all the way to 19.

Even though I am not getting the 600, I kind of wish they just kept the tone adjustment options the same between the two models.  I think this is just going to unnecessarily create confusion and frustration amongst the ("have not") 600 users.  It's minor, but this is another reason I am glad I opted for the 800.

I would be interested in the combination of settings that would mimic the sounds of the etrac or ctx. After years of learning the etrac and ctx language I think it would speed up my learning if I could make the EQ similar. Multi conduct tones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Mike said:

I would be interested in the combination of settings that would mimic the sounds of the etrac or ctx. After years of learning the etrac and ctx language I think it would speed up my learning if I could make the EQ similar. Multi conduct tones.

There is still the ability to use the 3030 way of doing things with 4 tones in the upper part of the screen and an iron tone across the bottom.  This is appears to be the same idea but in 50 tone instead.  It will not be necessary to adjust tone pitch here and I am willing to bet after a season I will be able to hear the difference between an old wheat and a new wheat!  I would warn against trying to modify a bunch of settings to make it like your 3030 at the outset.  I made that mistake on my 3030 trying to get it to mimic the settings on my Etrac.  I cant wait to see how awesome you do with it Mountain Mike!

• Like 1