A 4 Hour Hunt

longbow62

24 minutes ago, midalake said:

I don't know how anyone can hunt in Mother-in-law 50 tones mode. 

Amen on that!

I tested the Manticore a little bit ago on my lunch break. In 5 tones AT HC against the Equinox 800 with my preferred settings. Both detectors GBed and noise canceled in the same spot. Both GBed in the 40's in my clay yard versus single digits in the sand yesterday. I have pretty bad EMI in my backyard. The Manticore handles the EMI with a long press NC much better than the Equinox. Both swinging over a deeply buried quarter the Manticore and Equinox both hit about the same, but as you raised the coil off the ground the Manticore continued to hit a bit higher than the 800 could still giving good dig I.D.'s. Sensitivity was higher on the Manticore but it was stable at a higher sensitivity. The test was mainly compare the I.D. and 5 tones on the Manticore. I definitely liked the Manticore in 5 tones better than in all tones. 

Hello Longbow, I know I will set up the Manticore with 5 tones, I have a lot of time in with my 800 using both 5 and 50 tones, but 5 tones is always more effective for me. 

I can hunt fast with 5 tones and then slow down and watch numbers and tone to check the target. 

I have to go much slower with 50 tones, to me the change in tone always sounds significant even when numbers are close, so nothing sounds good. (unless its very solid on a vid and Manticore has more VIDs to jump around on)

I am betting you have better luck with customized 5 tones with adjusted volumes.