Red Light, Green Light

Red light, Green light….

yes, like on the Korean game show on Netflix but reversed, lol. decided to take my IhaveaCore out for show and tell (ground is frozen/muddy here) so I charged up the M-core and M105’s (green light!) to give it a go anyway. On arrival turned them on and the M105’s wouldn’t power on! tried to reset them (10sec power button press) to no avail…sigh…so back home it was to get the supplied cable…that worked…

Later, at home they came back to life….turns out it’s related to charging…red light (charging) good, green light (charged) bad! ie lockup…so as long as they ‘don’t think’ they’re fully charged, good to go…but see the green light on the charger (charged), pull the cable and deadsville... oh well, hopefully I’ll be the only one to see this. I’ll apply for my RMA # when ML staff returns to work….

On another issue, the ‘noise cancel long-press trick’ I watched a couple videos of folks attempting to achieve ‘one number’ nirvana doing this and having issues with ‘outliers’ rearing their ugly heads, thereby ending up picking a number they liked, sort of.

So I had an idea. Now I’m an old guy and pretty ‘shaky’ (both demeanour and physicality) so I came up with the idea of an additional piece of detecting kit to solve the stability issue, a tripod!

Now don’t laugh y’all. folks drag along shovels and scoops so why not a tripod. since it’s been said (by one who knows) that the M-core must be held ‘perfectly still’ when noise cancelling, the tripod then comes into play. set it up (as high as possible) carefully balance the beast on it and commence with the long press noise cancel 'trick'! Voilà….you’re all set.

haha…oh, and if those evil outliers still persist then the forthcoming FW update could fix it once and for all by simply masking out those pesky outliers in software and homing in on the single number, fixed! it’s mostly phycological anyway so give em what they want, eh…cheers and a happy new year to all…

Entertaining story! 😀 Oh the trials and tribulations... 🙄

Looking forward to your future exploits once your new stuff is sorted out. 😀 Good luck! 🍀 Maybe a shooting stick would be lighter, and you could use that as a crutch instead of the detector! 👍I really hope that isn't an issue with the much anticipated machine.