Yank's Trip Down Under & Success Or Failure

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 3:22 PM, fredmason said:

Great pictures!

I have to ask, did you make an omelet with those Emu eggs?

fred

Fred, It filled the whole skillet.  Added a little Roo tail (many on the sides of the road to get some meat...if there are maggots, don't eat it though) and mix them together then toss a couple spoons full in a tortilla shell.

One of the shells busted and it smelled like someone stuffed a dead roo under my pillow.  Stayed that way for a week.  Finally got to the great salt flats and I salturated my hands and the pillow.  Then it was worth sleeping on again.  Oh those memories and stories around the camp fire.  

Did you know the Aborigines sleep most of the 1st half a day when the sun in warm to their bodies and then stay up all night and drink around a big bonfire to stay warm.  We seen this a few times.  After noticing this, we decided our camp fires need to look  small puny and hardly any heat.  We did not want to attract them, as our booze were limited.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 4:05 PM, AussieDigs said:

Gerry, this is a “pastie” but with ‘dead horse’!

50CC56E4-0788-4A23-9317-1AA957AD5762.jpeg

Yes I had those when I detected the fields of England.  The Pasties I'm talking about are much smaller and not edible, well the last part is debatable.  There was one drunk Aussie who must have passed $100 in bills behind one and at the end of the night, she took it off and handed to him.  He decided to eat it...and we laughed until the bar closed.

• The title was changed to Yank's Trip Down Under & Success Or Failure