Beach Relic Hunt

Steve Andrews

My first session with the DII today and I'm impressed.  I modded the Beach program to discrimination 0, full tones and swapped to the xy screen. I have saved the program for future use.  The machine is well balanced, stable, deep, gives thumping clear signals and an accurate target VDI number.

Today I had and iron grape shot, British .577 rifle-musket bullet, musket ball, a couple of German 7.92 cartridge cases (relics from the German occupation of Jersey during WW2), part of the mechanism from a German artillery shell time fuze, and a large piece of British 19th century lead-wrapped Armstrong shell (not shown)

When's the 13in coil available? 😀

DSCI0970.JPG

DSCI0963.JPG

DSCI0964.JPG

DSCI0965.JPG

Steve I suggest you try the 13 Beach P program, because it has the Threshold feature that is not on the other Beaches programs.  Set it to 3 then select "GB" to be in "All Metals". The break in the threshold indicates a metal object. You will see the TID function at the top left of the screen indicating the nature of the metal, and you just need to click again to exit this function and go back to discrimination for better information. However, you can't do this while on X/Y.  So like Equinox you have the same settings with the added function ''Salt sensitivity'' for the ground and in case of disturbance it is this function that you must set first and only that before touching the sensitivity settings of the device. And set the function ''Magnetic sol'' on ''Accept''. 

deus II PICTORMAX.jpg

deus II PICTOR.jpg

Sorry.

Steve I suggest you try the 13 Beach P program, as it has the Threshold function which is not on the other Beaches programs. Set it to 3 and then select "GB" to be in "All Metals". The break in the threshold indicates a metal object. You'll see the TID feature in the upper left corner of the screen indicating the nature of the metal, and you can simply click it again to exit this feature and return to discrimination for better information. However, you can't do that when you're on X/Y. So like Equinox you have the same settings with the addition of the "Salt Sensitivity" function for the ground and in case of disturbance it is this function that you should set first and only that before touching the sensitivity settings of the device. And set the ''Magnetic sol'' function to ''Accept''.

Yes! You listen to the sound and when it cuts slightly it means that you have a target.
  good luck and good hunting!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 5:52 PM, la torche said:

Yes! You listen to the sound and when it cuts slightly it means that you have a target.
  good luck and good hunting!

I tried Beach Pitch today, but I found a threshold of 3 a little too much, so settled on 2. I tried all the beach programs on a deep 6lb cannonball and the Beach P gave the clearest signal of them all. I found that accepting magnetic ground made a big difference. Thank you!