Deus 2 Park

TJ Jeepguy

1 hour ago, Lodge Scent said:

I agree 100% TJ. There are instances where filters will better alert you to targets than using no filters. Actually in a very real sense, EVERY single setting in a detector is a filter of some sort. If you hunt in 4kHz, you will filter out a lot of small low conducting buttons. If you run Reactivity at 5, you will filter out that Large Cent at 11 inches. I ran my D1 wide open most of the time, but seeing how Park with its high iron filters sniffed out some deep iron-masked goodies, that caught my attention. Sure other programs with less or no filtering could sometimes hit those masked targets AFTER I knew there was something there and I could work the coil around the target. But with a normal coil swing and not knowing there was something there, those other programs just didn't respond in a way to make me stop and investigate further. The brain is indeed the best filter, but it can be enhanced with thoughful applications of the detector's filters. 

Well said. Park is an intriguing program to say the least. The wide open approach seams to produce pretty good sounding false signals in bent or large iron in my dirt. Deep HC run the same way also falses quite a bit, but larger iron at least is more audibly apparent. 

Park is an interesting creature.  Maybe it’s the frequency range, maybe it’s the  program processes?  Either way, it’s  clearly worth spending a bit more time on.