I was recently able to purchase a brand new Fisher Impulse AQ on Ebay from First Texas for $1300.  First Texas has 10 new Fisher Impulse AQ Limited list on Ebay for $1999, they also have the option to make an offer.  I originally offered $1100 which was immediately rejected, but when I offered $1200, First Texas counter offered $1300 which I accepted.  Yes I now own two Impulse AQ Limited, but my thought is this is the end of the line.  The battery is limited, the coils are fragile, but the machine is a really good PI.  I was willing to bet $1300 that Fisher will never release the Unlimited version of the Impulse AQ and even if they do, this model is more than functional.  If you are considering this machine, this may be the last chance to purchase at a great price.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A nice slap in the face for those who paid $1500.....then $2000.......RIP Fisher AQ. So much potential that was never realised and a text book study in how to do almost everything wrong in product promotion, performance promises, physical manufacturing/engineering and general "radio silence" from Fisher. Absolutely the end of the line for this model and maybe Fisher as well. Eric Foster (RIP) and I had some good email conversations regarding the Fisher AQ and it wasn't pretty 😑

Tony,

I respectfully disagree.  This is an opportunity to purchase a really good PI at a great price.  To worry about what this machine could have been and to worry about past purchasers who purchased at what they thought was a good price is wasted energy in my opinion..  My first AQ Limited was purchased at $1999 and I was happy to buy at that price.  I also purchase after market headphones and after market batteries to improve this machine.  Do I wish that the battery, coils and headphones would be fixed?  YES.  Do I believe they will be by First Texas?  NO.  So I have to make a purchase decision on what is available today and to me a second AQ Limited at $1300 is a good deal.  The right tool at the right price. 

Thanks for sharing.  I do not regret paying 1500.oo  for either of the machines I got and  I 'm hoping this is not the end for the AQ.. than again I got mine. 

Well maybe they are clearing out what's left of the limited before they release the new improved model. Just something to consider.

47 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Thanks for sharing.  I do not regret paying 1500.oo  for either of the machines I got and  I 'm hoping this is not the end for the AQ.. than again I got mine. 

I totally hope it is the end of the AQ and it is replaced with the machine we were promised and deserve. I sold my AQ for no reason other than the replacement was said to be right around the corner. Three years and I'm still waiting, but hoping that wait will not go on forever. I'm cautiously optimistic the extra wait will have been worth it.

5 hours ago, Tony said:

A nice slap in the face for those who paid $1500.....then $2000.......RIP Fisher AQ. So much potential that was never realised and a text book study in how to do almost everything wrong in product promotion, performance promises, physical manufacturing/engineering and general "radio silence" from Fisher. Absolutely the end of the line for this model and maybe Fisher as well. Eric Foster (RIP) and I had some good email conversations regarding the Fisher AQ and it wasn't pretty 😑

I doubt you'd be buying one anyway, postage is a bit questionable.

Postage.thumb.jpg.0c7c5858f4cae3b144a263d71d3ddb79.jpg

No one would be happier than me to see Fisher roll out a "fit for purpose" AQ detector. I just can't see it happening. Beach and water PI detectors are diminishing right in front of our eyes.....Garrett Sea Hunter will soon be gone (great proven workhorse for 25 years).

Who will fix an AQ if Fisher go the way of Tesoro and White's......the source code on the AQ is sophisticated (Fisher even got that wrong in some of the early units....not sure if that was corrected at all).

Anyhow....best to those swinging the AQ.......when they work they do work well....I'm certainly not disputing that.

5 hours ago, The_Stalker said:

Tony,

I respectfully disagree.  This is an opportunity to purchase a really good PI at a great price.  To worry about what this machine could have been and to worry about past purchasers who purchased at what they thought was a good price is wasted energy in my opinion..  My first AQ Limited was purchased at $1999 and I was happy to buy at that price.  I also purchase after market headphones and after market batteries to improve this machine.  Do I wish that the battery, coils and headphones would be fixed?  YES.  Do I believe they will be by First Texas?  NO.  So I have to make a purchase decision on what is available today and to me a second AQ Limited at $1300 is a good deal.  The right tool at the right price. 

I can't argue with any of that but I do stand by what I said earlier.......just can't deny the facts.

........ and it's never wasted energy talking about PI detectors 😛

For the first time in 25 years I no longer own a beach PI detector and it just doesn't feel right 😔

Happy hunting

Tony

6 hours ago, Tony said:

Just to clarify.....Eric had/borrowed an AQ for quite some time so he was able to cast a keen eye over the whole detector and carry out extensive testing on many parameters regarding the detector and coils. He went on build far superior 8" coils for a few people in the USA. This is also when he discovered a multitude of problems with the detector.