That Big Coil Likes Little Buttons

Decided to go with the 13 inch coil today at one of my cellar hole homesteads out in the woods. My plan was to use a couple of variations of the Tekkna program. I've been using it on my 9" coil and it keeps surprising me by sniffing out nonferrous targets at some heavily hunted sites. Wasn't really sure it would work well with the big coil with all the iron at this site but once again it surprised me with a handful of nonferrous finds. I started out with the "classic" version of Tekkna in Sensitive Full Tones. But the falsing got annoying fairly quickly so I switched to Tekkna General 4 Tones. With multi tones I can play with the tone bins so the falsing doesn't bug me as much. I didn't find anything special today but I dug 7 small buttons, and a thimble with the big coil. Also dug an iron chape. Don't find many made of iron. The partial shoe buckle frame next to it appears to have been in a fire or it is made from an odd alloy.

The whole trifid spoon and the trifid spoon top peice were from the previous hunt using the 9" coil and Sensitive Full Tones Tekkna. That is a very late 1600s or very early 1700s spoon and the first complete one that I have found. Those buttons below the spoon were from the earlier hunt. For me, Full Tones is most affective on the mid tones and it has been a button killer over the years. It loves the small bits of lead and pewter as well. 

I still can't quite get my head around using all that Disc in Tekkna, but it is putting finds in my pouch from some tired sites. 

Lodge 

20240421_misc.jpg