The Minelab Excalibur II metal detector was introduced in 2008 and is still in production. The Excalibur II is a fully submersible multifrequency VLF metal detector aimed primarily at coin, jewelry, and saltwater beach detecting. The 200 foot maximum depth makes the Excalibur II suitable for use while SCUBA diving. Note that as a diving detector both the headphones and coil are hardwired into the control box and cannot be changed.
"The World’s Best Water Detector! Minelab’s unique Broad Band Spectrum (BBS) technology, combined with superior ground rejecting technology, makes the Excalibur II the ideal underwater machine. The design of the Minelab Excalibur II allows you to use it as effectively in or out of the water - this amphibious machine can move seamlessly from land, beach and wet sand conditions to underwater depths of up to 200 ft (66m). With superior ground cancelling, false signals from detecting in salt water are greatly reduced. Enjoy the simple yet effective discrimination and be surprised at the sensitivity and depth you uncover targets from. Whether you are a long time diver or a casual beachcomber the Excalibur II is unbeatable for working the beach, wading in the shallows or diving a wreck at 200 feet for treasures." Source: Minelab website
Minelab Excalibur II metal detector
Minelab Excalibur II control panel
- BBS multiple frequency technology (1.5kHz – 25.5kHz).
- RCB amplifies weak target signals inside the coil, reducing noise and boosting faint, deep objects.
- High Visibility fluorescent bodywork and skidplate
- Slimline 10" coil for reduced weight and improved balance.
- NiMH Rechargeable battery pack for operation up to 12 hours.
- Side-mount shaft for shallow and surf-wading (available as an optional accessory).
Edited by Steve Herschbach