Bone Conduction Headphones

damatman88

I am always trying to find new ways to improve my hunting on the saltwater beach. I do not dive, but frequently detect the wet sand/water in pretty rough conditions including rainy days. I'm looking for the best water resistant/proof headphone option with the best audio. I have the WSAIIXL's and love them in the cooler months, but way too hot in Summer. I have ear buds that I hook to the WSA6 master, but have to protect the master from water. I like the idea of being able to use the bone conduction headphones as they are waterproof but don't know about the sound quality with ambient noise from the ocean and wind. 

Can anyone share their experience with this?

For me, the bone conductive phones do ok in noisy environments as long as I’m using pitch audio or 2 tones. 

I haven't done saltwater beaches or surf with the D2 yet, but for my summer hunting on land and lakesides, I got the WSA-II phones and use that puck paired to remote, connected to my favorite eardbuds with the audio adapter, and connect it to the back of my hat in a small pouch. The WSA-IIs are rainproof (not waterproof), but I've had no problems so far in rain or the ocassional spash. The WSA-II puck is a little smaller and lighter than the WS6 too so it's lighter on the head. 😎

IMG_8303-2000.jpg