Nokta Auxiliary Battery Charging Questions

I bought and am happy with the Legend Pro Pack, with the extra battery. When I plug it in to charge the light flashes red and green. It never stops, just keeps on flashing red and green. How do I know when it is fully charged? What is the light supposed to be doing anyway? 

Hi Mark.

When it's fully charged, the red and green lights will stop flashing, and the green LED will go solid. Charge time will depend on your charger. Mine took about 10 hours to fully charge, but I used a low power charger when I first charged it 2 years ago. I have a much more powerful charger now, but I don't how fast the battery would charge now, because I've never had to use the auxiliary battery.

5 hours ago, Digalicious said:

When it's fully charged, the red and green lights will stop flashing, and the green LED will go solid. Charge time will depend on your charger. Mine took about 10 hours to fully charge, but I used a low power charger when I first charged it 2 years ago. I have a much more powerful charger now, but I don't how fast the battery would charge now, because I've never had to use the auxiliary battery.

Similar experience here.

The auxiliary battery took about 6-8 hours to fully charge, and it flashed the green and red LEDs until it went solid green to indicate a full charge.

I actually used the auxiliary battery a week or so ago, just to test it out. My Legend was down to two bars at the time. When I inserted the back up battery and connected it to the machine, the control pod's battery indicator started flashing, just like when charging up regularly. It kept flashing while the machine was turned on, too. I ran for an hour or so at a modern park, so nothing spectactular found other than a a handful of clad. The battery felt well-balanced and I didn't notice much of a weight difference overall.

Afterwards, I tossed the machine in the trunk and forgot about it until later that evening. When I turned it back on, the Legend indicated a full charge from drawing off the spare. I did notice, however, that after disconnecting the back up battery and running the Legend for a couple hours it was back down to 3 bars, so I'm not sure if it really gave the machine a full charge.