I ordered the Nokta FindX a few weeks ago on amazon . AT 150E it is almost a free offer and I could not go wrong with it at this price level...

I had the time to use it 2 or 3 hours in the field .  Here is a short report :

- CB electronics : 3.5/5 
  I like the Park mode audio , it is very fast and accurate on targets, even in the ferrous  .  The CB ergonomy is very good with nice buttons and a large screen.  The freq is 15khz , this is a good choice because it is very sensitive on tiny and medium targets . The downside: the findX is not the deepest on bigger targets like a 10g coin .
  Notice that there is no embedded wireless for headphones . Only wired headphones can be used but they are included in the findX package.

- Coil : 3/5 
This is the findX weakspot for me . The findX is delivered with a 11 coil . This coil is too big especially for beginners who will have troubles to center the targets because of the its size, and probably to sweep it because of its weight. A 9 coil would have been much more friendly to use especially for beginners ...  

- Shaft : 4.5/5
The FindX shaft is the same as the top level Nokta detectors like the Legend . It is extremely well designed and very easy to use. The lower shaft is a little heavy but there is an optional carbon lower shaft available.

- Detector weight/balance : 2.5/5 
The FindX is front heavy mainly because of the big 11 coil , and because of the control box( 320g ) too 

- Detector build quality : 5/5 
The FindX components : CB , coil , shaft are all extremely well built , this is impressive for & 150E detector ...  

Conclusion :

The findX is a nice detector especially for 150E.  It could have been a future best seller with a smaller coil . However Nokta has spoiled everything with the 11 coil to my opinion. It will be ok for those for who weight is not a pb though.  Those who like light detectors could be disappointed  ...

1) A very nice design :

DSC00626.JPG

2) The CB is very easy to use and seems robust

DSC00630.JPG

3) The findX package includes the detector + a detector bag , + a showell + wired headphones ...  all this for 150E ... Amazing

DSC00631.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for the write up Palzynski 🙂

I agree that an 11" coil is too large and heavy for that detector. Then again, I think an 11" coil is too large for any coin / jewelry detector that will likely be used in very trashy park like sites.

Look at this way though. The FindX was meant to compete with the cheaply priced, cheaply made, and poor performing Amazon detectors. The FindX has a similar price to those, but is quality built and has much better performance. Those Amazon detectors typically come with an overly large coil to appease the ignorant "bigger is better" crowd and the "higher number is better" crowd.

If Nokta were to equip the FindX with an 8" or 9" coil, then I suspect it would lose its appeal to the bigger is better Amazon type customer.

• Like 3