Is This Platinum?

nevets

The test you done is the same action you should get if it’s silver.

If you mix white vinegar with baking soda equal parts mixing real good then use a clean rag  and apply it on you should get the same results as before. If so it’s telling you it’s silver.

I’d be back where I found it looking for the source but don’t tell where that is.

Chuck 

PS those bubbles is money 

I let it sit in vinegar for about an hour and wouldn't platinum testing acid turn silver black I let acid sit on the rock for ten min only thing that happened was acid turned to a yellow color I wiped clean and nothing happpend to rock it kept it's tone

You have got me but what I was reading if you mix white vinegar with the baking soda even mix them apply it it should bubble if silver.

Maybe later today someone can help with another way to test it.

Hardness would be good if you can find a tester.

Chuck 

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You have got me but what I was reading if you mix white vinegar with the baking soda even mix them apply it it should bubble if silver.

Maybe later today someone can help with another way to test it.

Hardness would be good if you can find a tester.

Chuck 

If you mix vinegar and baking soda, just that mixture will fizz!!

• Thanks 1

Peroxide will bubble on platinum because platinum is a catalyst. 

You have a candidate for platinum if it comes from an area noted for platinum occurrences. Aluminum may react to peroxide to some degree too, unsure. I'd do an accurate specific gravity test. Ie - not trying to measure displacement directly, but taking a wet and dry weight on an accurate scale, one with 2 degrees of precision (0.xx grams). Or just take it to a good jeweler or refiner with an XRF. 

• Like 2

I took it to a recycling center they said it's ten percent iron and manganese I don't trust them they used xrf but did not show me results does not look like manganese I took took it to jeweler he said it's not Steele and maybe it's a meteorite I'm stuck in awe and don't know what to do if it's a platinum group metal it's worth a lot of money I hope so thanks for all the info guys I appreciate it.