The Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II metal detector was introduced in 1999 and is still in production. The Sea Hunter is a fully submersible pulse induction (PI) metal detector aimed primarily at beach and underwater detecting. The Sea Hunter Mark II is submersible to 200 feet and therefore suitable for SCUBA diving.
"The Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II has an unparalleled reputation among treasure hunters, law enforcement agencies and various industries as one of the most reliable and sophisticated submersible metal detectors of its kind. The Sea Hunter Mark II is an advanced microprocessor-driven instrument that is lightweight, highly durable and easy to use. The Sea Hunter's pulse induction (PI) circuitry provides excellent depth and enables you to find treasure without interference from salt water and most ground minerals." Source: Owner's manual
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II metal detector
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II control panel
- Circuit type: Pulse Induction technology for automatic cancellation of salt/ground mineralization
- Audio Threshold, Adjustable: adjust to user’s preference
- User-adjustable Discrimination/Elimination
- Hip Mount Belt/Pouch: reduces detector weight for long searches
- Discrimination Modes: Two operating modes (Standard or Discrete) offer varying levels of non-ferrous target discrimination.
- Discrete Trash Elimination: use to eliminate most pull tabs and foil without significantly degrading sensitivity for rings and coins.
- Standard Trash Elimination: provides the deepest possible detection; allows a very slow searchcoil sweep in areas with little trash.
- Independently sealed battery compartment
- Search Mode: Non-Motion All Metal Deepseeking Mode with Full Range PI discrimination
Edited by Steve Herschbach