Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Shocked To Find These Things In My Tiny Front Lawn...

digger1955

21 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Good post!  I haven't watched the video yet (I'm on my way to the park as soon as finish this cup of coffee).

If I take only one piece of advice from your post and the video (I'm sure I'll find more), the one I selected above is going to be it.

Thanks...if there is one life lesson that affected me the most and had a significant effect on all that came after was this one. Ten years ago when I started I found a lot but without realizing it from the get-go I was always swinging too fast. I found plenty of targets but one day at a site I hit many times and thought I drained and I was finished with it, a large parking lot at a high school divided up by many grass filled islands, I went back for the last time just to see if I could find just a few more targets. The difference in this hunt is I decided to slow down to half the speed I was swinging before and I had an eye opening experience that shocked and humbled me. The site came alive with targets and I mean an unbelievable amount like never before.

Not only did I find three times the coins I found on any previous hunt but other things started to show up. I continued to come back many times after this and eventually found about $40 more in clad, 4 or 5 silver rings, two silver chains and 2 gold rings plus a ton of fashion jewelry, school medallions and pins, tools and a whole lot more. On my first several hunts I covered all of these things per hunt, after I slowed down and concentrated on covering maybe just 1/2 of one of the big ones instead the magic started to happen.

I still swing a bit too fast if I don't watch myself, the targets from my lawn proved this, but when I control myself, have patience and do this right some great things can happen.

photostudio_1597960697403.jpg

• Like 2