Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Testing Deus 2 In Relic Mode, Not A Great Day But Ended Well

2 hours ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I went home for the night,this morning went to a old permission loaded with nails,iron of all sorts and sizes! Dug mostly well matter of fact nothing but nails,iron mostly small big headed but acouple bigger chunks of flat iron! Using sensitive ft silencer 4,bottle caps 2 could tell looking back(I was once agian chasing broken signals). Ran deep hc for an hour or so and that's were it gets worse,I only dug iron mostly at good 89-91 tid. Seems to up average by 3-7 numbers and any nail with a big head could go from broken to good with enough wiggle wop!? Are yall seeing this up average of numbers with deep hc? Again I was chasing it just seems really easy to wiggle a nice high false out of deep hc imo!? These are the finds nothing great and 20 iron pieces atleast(nails,chunks,few flatty that got canned,not in pics) anyone know how old the rivet is or pottery(never dug pottery in a hole before)!? The lead piece is odd like a cut off bullet tip or something. Any info on bullet,it has no serrated grooves no rings at all but I'm not familia!?

F350platinum I hope my pics and questions are ok along with my experience this morning which I reckon is related!? No finds to trump yours just some garbage!:) curious for info on said garbage though. 

16495304171316556136119867932470.jpg

16495304427123298170034686646881.jpg

1649530678020335082324097406777.jpg

16495307176276008980284614216123.jpg

That's quite a lot of trash ya got there. ? At least you scored some clad, and can pat yourself on the back for getting the junk out of the way. Is that some kind of pottery? Must be mineralized or have some sort of iron content.

So far Deep HC has produced similar results for me except for a gold pin I got in a place littered with nails. It's probably just plate as it was a 63, but I'll probably test it. That mode does seem to false a lot, but only because I'm not used to it yet. People with more experience with the Deus are recognizing something I'm not yet. ? It took me quite a while to sort out iron with the Equinox, so this is going to be similar I think.

In this place I used Relic all day and didn't dig much iron because it always was a lot louder than the pennies that were 82. If your volume is over 7 beware with that mode, you can cause yourself some hearing damage. Relic seemed to force more iron to ID as iron, but a few large pieces still ID'd high. All tones were pretty similar, whether good or bad. The loud ones were really loud.

I'm not a Deus 2 authority yet, you might have posed this question to everyone in a separate thread, but someone might catch this. ?

The bullets look too mangled to identify. One might be a flat pistol ball, and there's nothing with the other to compare. ?‍♂️

I had pretty good luck with the D2 running Relic mode today. Found 2 silver Rosies and 3 wheaties on a site that I've hit pretty hard with the Nox 800 and Fisher F75, even had a friend out with a CTX 3030. I dug a few nails and other iron garbage, but I more or less knew it was garbage before digging, and only dug them for confirmation. Good targets ranged from 5" (dime on edge) down to 9" on one of the pennies.

The more I use this machine, the more I like it. I can't say I have a favorite mode yet, but Fast is working well for me. Now that the weather is improving in my neck of the woods, I hope to get out and see what the D2 can really do for me.

JP

• Like 2