Minelab Manticore Lower Rods In Stock At Steve's Detector Rods

Hey all!

With the availability of the Manticore accessory coils, including the new M9, I just wanted to make quick mention that I have plenty of Manticore lower rods (standard-length and tall-man) in stock and available at Steve's Detector Rods.  In addition to black, I have them available in red/black, and a few in blue/black and green/black also.  

I also am offering the middle shaft section, for those who would like a two-piece shaft (i.e. BOTH the middle AND the upper sections) for those who prefer that option.

Black, standard-length lowers run $79 plus shipping ($10 in the U.S.)...

https://www.stevesdetectorrods.com

Thanks!

Steve

Steve,

Have you got a ballpark figure of what shipping to Australia might be for a lower rod?

I thought I'd post this here in case there are others (AUS / NZ) who might be interested.

Thanks,

Tony

I'm in the market for a lower rod that's not carbon fibre for the Manticore, after it came to light the carbon fibre is conductive and the detector reacts to it swinging by the coil, I'm in fear it will lower my small gold sensitivity.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I'm in the market for a lower rod that's not carbon fibre for the Manticore, after it came to light the carbon fibre is conductive and the detector reacts to it swinging by the coil, I'm in fear it will lower my small gold sensitivity.  

Now that I didn't know.....is it still a problem as there is no movement relative to the coil ??

That's what I don't know  I have to experiment more to find out, but I'm keen to buy a lower shaft for the Manticore that's not carbon fibre so I'm on the hunt for one, so maybe Steve can come up with the goods.

After seeing the tiniest pieces of metal that my Manticore is sniffing out at depth........I don't want anymore sensitivity 🤪

You could test some small nuggets with lower carbon fibre shaft in place and then with the shaft removed ??

• Like 4

Hey all, 

There's a discussion about this going on, here.

I've tossed in my thoughts, in that thread, along with some information from Minelab regarding this.  Minelab's conclusions, based on their testing, are the same as what mine have been based on my own information-gathering over the years -- which is that this is a non-issue.  Their conclusions, and mine, are that while carbon-fiber tubes are "weakly" conductive, they are not enough so, so as to affect the electromagnetic footprint of a coil in any appreciable way, and thus "detection" of the items we are seeking to find is not affected in any meaningful, negative way.  I've been assured by Minelab engineering that it is a complete "non-issue."

I hope this helps!

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just did some high sensitivity testing with the Manticore......with shaft and without. I cannot see or hear any problems whatsoever. I did an air test with a smallish 1g nugget and results mirrored each other.

And yes Simon......a 1g nugget is small over this way 😛