Deus 2 Black Sand

midalake

Well my beach conditions are tough. The black sand here is pretty bad right now. I can not seem to get Deus 2 to shut up even running at 90 sens and lots of other adjustments tried. Anyone have any thoughts?  My ears hurt. 

20 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

Did you lower salt sensitivity before lowering sensitivity?  I presume you left magnetic reject enabled (default).

The salt sensitivity setting is irrelevant to the Black Sand affect, be it at 2 or 7. 
Ya, it took 30 seconds to figure out the machine would not even function in Magnetic Sand accepted. So is has been in factory reject.
I have the 9"coil too.  

Dave, you haven't given us your baseline program settings so these suggestions are now just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks. I haven't encountered true black sand yet in 50 or so beach swing hours.  Most of these like the salt sensitivity suggestion previously go to salt chatter, but hey, you never know.

• First of all, don't be afraid to go lower than 90 on sensitivity, if necessary.  90 - 93 is like the sweet spot for ops, so if you haven't lowered it below that then you really aren't attacking stability.  Obviously if you press down to 80 you'll want to see how much depth you lose.  I think you start falling off the depth curve rapidly in the low 80's and below.  But again this goes more to salt stability than black sand.
  • Tried GB in tracking?
  • Using beach sensitive or beach?   Have you tried Dive mode?  I believe that lowers transmit power (not sure, I know it is less sensitive to micro targets at a top end of 14 khz) so might help with the headlights in the fog analogy.
  • Where do you have disk set?  Do you have iron volume on or off? 
  • Pitch or multi tones?  
  • Tried notching the TIDs associated with the black sand chatter?
  • Increase reactivity to 2 or above.
  • See if applying the silencer filter has any beneficial impact.
  • Lower Audio Response.

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Dave, you haven't given us your baseline program settings so these suggestions are now just throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Yes, this was on purpose. I did not want to taint the gene pool. Also helps  me understand any recommendations I get more. 
I did run a program yesterday that helped. Not sure I can fine tune that one any more. 

8 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

First of all, don't be afraid to go lower than 90 on sensitivity, if necessary.  90 - 93 is like the sweet spot for ops, so if you haven't lowered it below that then you really aren't attacking stability. 

The thing about Black Sand is Chase, it is a double edge sword. Not only does it cause a detector all kinds of problems, it is a depth killer too. I already know I lose depth at 90.  Anything lower and it will be painful.

To note I am able to run the Equinox at 21-22 with the same conditions. 

31 minutes ago, midalake said:

To note I am able to run the Equinox at 21-22 with the same conditions

Dave, I hear you on the double whammy Depth Loss with low sensitivity and high black sand.  While there isn't a one-to-one correspondence between the Deus 2 and Nox on the sensitivity scales which we both know are not linear, presuming they were linear, a 21 - 22 sensitivity setting on Nox (25 max setting) would correspond to about 82 to 85 on the Deus 2 (99 max setting).  FWIW.  But you are in the best position to judge whether a sens setting like that makes the depth penalty untenable.

When I'm the beach programs, under the ground balance section you will see the Magnetic option, try that.

20 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Dave,

Let us know what eventually worked for you, if anything.

Hugh

Working on it Hugh.
Now I can not be 100% sure my remote is working 100% correctly with the battery drain going on.