1st Manticore Shipment To Us

As a dealer of 25 yrs,  I was very disappointed to hear the US 1st allotment.  We have 2 US Distributors and they received 7 units each.  There's a handful of dealers who purchase bulk directly from Minelab and I'm one of them. I was shipped 1 detector.  Was informed some dealers received Zero.  Here is how I look at it.   At least a few were sent to US and those dealers now have a unit to show.  So we did get some Manticore Pre Christmas.  No, it's not great news but realize we are not #1 in sales anymore and I suspect around 3rd.  Even if we were #1, they can only do what they can do. Not making excuses but we all know how hard it is just to keep enough employees at a job. I'm currently in Cancun and they are running into same issues.   I talk to my UK and Canada friends and it's the same.  We're in different changing times across the world right now.  Our expectations need to adjust or we'll be upset for something we have no control. 

Calling your dealer and or Minelab USA and giving them your displeasure does nothing to help.  Being patient and supporting the long term dealers,  keeping faith with the manufacture who offered us new detectors and being loyal to the brands who we use and speak highly of, ends in best results.

We'll get more I promise.  The Equinox rollout was similar but nothing before Christmas.  In fact 1st units didn't arrive until February.  That was Pre Covid and Pre Transportation/Delivery issue. 

We're a spoiled County USA, but we also need to be humble and respectful.  I can only ship what I am given.

In the mean time.  It's great in Saltwater, loves gold and diamonds. 

20221206_200028.jpg

29 minutes ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

I was shipped 1 detector.  Was informed some dealers received Zero. .......So we did get some Manticore Pre Christmas.  No, it's not great news but realize we are not #1 in sales anymore.....

Of course, it isn't the dealer's fault, Gerry.  But I do blame Minelab for advertising the Manticore would be available to put under the Christmas tree then not delivering.  14 units is NOT honoring that promise.  It doesn't matter if the U.S. is #1 or #10 in sales.  It's about customer service and following through with promises.

As far as brand loyalty, a company that gives customers the runaround then fails them with delivery promises deserves no loyalty.  I'll buy a Minelab product as long as I think it is the best product for my needs but if another company comes out with a better detector that I think better suits me, I'll be right there to switch to that machine.  Dealer loyalty is another matter entirely.

2 hours ago, PSPR said:

Of course, it isn't the dealer's fault, Gerry.  But I do blame Minelab for advertising the Manticore would be available to put under the Christmas tree then not delivering.  14 units is NOT honoring that promise.  It doesn't matter if the U.S. is #1 or #10 in sales.  It's about customer service and following through with promises.

As far as brand loyalty, a company that gives customers the runaround then fails them with delivery promises deserves no loyalty.  I'll buy a Minelab product as long as I think it is the best product for my needs but if another company comes out with a better detector that I think better suits me, I'll be right there to switch to that machine.  Dealer loyalty is another matter entirely.

You are not wrong for your thinking,  but the reality is the Advertising is done months in advance and who knows if it was Minelab USA or Australia who placed the ad in the magazine.  Either way,  we/you/I know those dates are not guaranteed.  What it does do is keep us hoping to get another Minelab and that's what they want. 

When you placed your order with your dealer and made payment, did dealer promise you by Christmas?  If so, he's a fool.  Us dealers who have been around for some detector releases know the ropes.  Heck, I don't require a dime for Pre Order as I've learned it's out of my control how the rollout will be.  

My truck was delayed 3 months,  my camper shell 2 months and I made deposits on both.  Both instances it was not the dealers fault.  Could I have asked for my deposit back? Sure, but the bottom line is, I didn't want to start the process all over again down the road when in fact there's a reason I wanted those exact items to begin with. 

We know the Manticore is going to be a great product.  We know there are delays and interruptions all across the world right now.  We know we have the right to change our minds and get something different from another Manufacture.  But you/I know and most others also know,  including Minelab....we'll wait.

On a side note,  there will be people, including a few slimy dealers who will sell their new in box Manticore for more than MAP. It's not illegal, so you'll have options if you're willing to pay the price. 

All good my friend and I hope your dealer was upfront. We need to be reasonable, or we walk away.  I'm sure you won't though and so is Minelab. 

When you do get it, be sure and share some Success pics on DetectorProspector.