Whether To Choose Fisher F75 Black Or Minelab X Terra Pro

Hello everyone. i am facing a choice which is better. Fischer f 75 LTD or black, and is there a difference between them, I heard that there is a new firmware, or minelab x terra pro as an option or the same equinox 600. all the time I went with garrett, but it seems to me that they are shallow. budget 600-700 dollars. I looked at the nocta simplex, but still fisher and minelab is a well-known brand with a name. advise what will be better. my soils are heavy, European, namely Germany, Bavaria. in some places clay. stones. sand. thanks in advance for the tip. sincerely Taras 

• Like 1

I will suggest you seriously consider a MF machine. It will handle the soil & iron much better than a Single frequency unit with more stable TIDs. There are several to choose from in your price range.

Welcome to the Forum from East Texas.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Whether To Choose Fisher F75 Black Or Minelab X Terra Pro

what kind of device are we talking about? and what options do you offer? i am more inclined to f75 because it was the leader in its line, but minelab also has its advantages, the main thing in the device is stability, depth and ease of use. thanks

I would look at the Nokta Score/Double Score & Legend and the Minelab Vanquish line. Garrett's offering is the Apex.

• Like 3

Gareth, I don't want to, I think they are shallow, do you like minelab? what's wrong with terra? nocta legend also looked at, but the company itself for some reason rejects. either minelab or fisher. maybe it's better to take 600 minelab? they are now cheaper .

and why the distrust to fischer f 75 ltd? it costs 400 if I'm not mistaken. it seems a good price for a professional device. i would take two. fischer and minelab but now i need one for now, so to speak...

29 minutes ago, taras777 said:

and why the distrust to fischer f 75 ltd? it costs 400 if I'm not mistaken.

I can't speak for JCR although I do know that he has similar issues as me with both of the detectors you mentioned. I can only speak for myself.

I use detectors in the USA where ground conditions are not good with high amounts of natural iron and volcanic material mixed into the soil. 

The Fisher F75, Nokta Simplex and the Minelab X-Terra Pro do not operate well in these conditions. Potential depth is cut in half and target ID stability and accuracy are poor. I know this from actual experience through owning and using the F75, Simplex and the Equinox models in single frequency, not from reading about it or from hearsay. The Xterra Pro is basically an Equinox 700 without a few features and most importantly without simultaneous multi frequency operation.

The only detectors sold in the USA that can handle these conditions easily are simultaneous multi frequency detectors like the Nokta Legend and Double Score, Minelab Equinox 600/800 700/900, Minelab Manticore and XP Deus 2. All of those detectors also can be used as selectable single frequency detectors that will run at the same or similar frequency as the F75 and Simplex. 

Unless you simply do not want one of the detectors JCR and I mentioned, having a detector like the Legend, Double Score or Equinox 600 which can be used in Multi frequency or one or more single frequencies just makes sense plus they have wireless audio, internal rechargeable batteries, online software updates, and lots of other useful features that especially the F75 simply does not have and never will. You get the best of both type of detector in one, single and simultaneous multi frequency. If your ground conditions are challenging, simultaneous multi frequency tech in the Nokta Legend/Double Score, Minelab Equinox/Manticore and Deus 2 will make a huge difference compared to the Xterra Pro, Simplex and the F75.

If you are new to detecting......OK. Buy whatever you want.

The F75 is not a beginner detector.

The Xterra Pro and Simplex, sure they are suitable for a beginner. So is the Equinox 600 and the Double Score and Legend if you go slow. 

• Like 1

I have been digging since 2007, in Ukraine the soils were completely different, black soil. in the forest there is only sand, having moved to Germany, everything is completely different here. I went mainly with garettes, it's like a Kalashnikov machine gun, turned on and went. now I want to try something new and better, then it turns out either nocta or equinox. then I choose something from this. thanks for the informative answer. 

Seeing your asking about the X-Terra pro and F75 the X-Terra seems the better option to me, much more modern detector and having multiple frequencies to choose from is beneficial, the X-terra would also work well on a beach for you even in wet sand whereas the F75 will only work well on dry sand.  

If you did want to spend a bit more the Equinox series or Legend would be better choices.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, taras777 said:

I have been digging since 2007, in Ukraine the soils were completely different, black soil. in the forest there is only sand, having moved to Germany, everything is completely different here. I went mainly with garettes, it's like a Kalashnikov machine gun, turned on and went. now I want to try something new and better, then it turns out either nocta or equinox. then I choose something from this. thanks for the informative answer. 

If you are detecting in Europe , then you cant go wrong with a Deus2 , or even a Deus1 . These detectors have been designed for European conditions first with high iron trash . They have been recently designed  ( Deus2 release : 2020 ) and they use the latest electronics technologies 

With the wireless they are significantly lighter than the other brands ( 850g for a D2 WS6 ) . For me they are simply the best at the moment for my conditions in France . Probably you ll see a lot of people using them in Germany  .. 

The Deus2 WS6 Master ( at around 900E  ) is an excellent value for the money .   

I am curious ..  🙂  What about the soil in Ukraine , if it is black sand , it must quite acid ?

• Like 2