Manticore's Maiden Trip To Cancun With Success Pics. Really Long Read, Be Prepared.

What a review! Hats off.... thank you mate.

• Like 1

Excellent work. I too detect from cootchie up😀.  Even though I  now live in AZ, I still go to the Caribbean.  I am a 11 year Excalibur user.  On our last trip, a friend brought his Equinox and was frustrated by it, not sure he had it set up properly.  I just ordered the Manticore and looking forward to the next trip. 

Waterproof headphones...what are you using?  Is there such a thing as wireless and waterproof that work with the Manticore?

Coils...what is your opinion of getting a smaller coil?

Thanks!!

On 12/26/2022 at 7:43 AM, Rick N. MI said:

That was a worthwhile trip. You more than paid for the detector and trip.

How was sweeping the Manticore 11" coil in the water compared to the Equinox 11" coil? Could you tell if it was the same or worse. Was the thinner shaft on the Manticore noticeable when sweeping in the water?

It is impressive on gold sensitivity.

Not sure if I paid for the complete trip as the resorts I stay at average $400 a night.  Airfare for the wife and I, approx $1000, cabs/transportation for the trip is another $200, tips given out is another $150 to $200 = Average trip cost if purchased with credit card is $5K.  Some trips I use reward miles and points to save 25% to 50%.  This trip I saved $1000 by using rewards for the airfare, so out of pocket cost of this trip $4000.

Now me being a dealer, I get to write off the trip "business expense", so that's one of the main reasons I'm still a dealer, the benefits are there if you know how to use them.

As for the shaft drag in the water.  I never used the NOX on this trip, but the Manticore felt about the same.  Mathematically though, the thinner shaft will cut easier through the water and use less effort. 

Good point you mentioned.

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 5:55 PM, Daniel Tn said:

Wow!!  I have to admit, I was glad I didn't have a mouth full of drink when I read "coochie line" haha 

If I called it the "cock line", it just doesn't sound as glamorous. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, joshquint said:

Excellent work. I too detect from cootchie up😀.  Even though I  now live in AZ, I still go to the Caribbean.  I am a 11 year Excalibur user.  On our last trip, a friend brought his Equinox and was frustrated by it, not sure he had it set up properly.  I just ordered the Manticore and looking forward to the next trip. 

Waterproof headphones...what are you using?  Is there such a thing as wireless and waterproof that work with the Manticore?

Coils...what is your opinion of getting a smaller coil?

Thanks!!

Xcal's BBS technology was a game changer in the saltwater, glad to see you still using one.  I do wish they would keep the same technology, but redesign the complete shaft/body.  I've done well in years past with the NOX, but it takes time to learn, just like it did with the Xcal.  Tell him to not give up.

I used Tony Eisenhower WP headphones for this trip.  I actually purchased and used them on my NOX last year and they did fine until my full body was totally under, then I still had the weak target issues.  The Minelab headphones are just as bad under water, but worse above water.

No, wireless headphones for the NOX and the Manticore will not work when submerged, but the technology is getting close.

• Like 2