Oh Sh!t.......my Riffles Froze Today.

8 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

If i had a place like that i would build me a tent and hunt all winter. I love to gold hunt, i get about that all summer. I hunt in OHIO, and all we have is small gold, but i love it. I think i am going to go out west this year, if i live and stay ok. I am 72 years old, and been with the same old woman for 52 years. She might not let me go, ha ha.

Nice short biography on your life. I will soon be 69, and all this digging is keeping me healthy, both physically and mentally. I love this hobby. After each clean-up, I am still in awe looking at that shiny. I too have been married to the same lady for 36 years. She doesn't care for prospecting, but she has her own hobbies. Good luck with your trip out west. And a Happy New Year to both of you.

8 hours ago, Dean Stone said:

I hunt in OHIO, and all we have is small gold, but i love it. I think i am going to go out west this year, if i live and stay ok

You may have a few options closer to home. I believe there are placing claims in western North Carolina and perhaps Georgia you may be able to access for a fee. If you do come out west check out the local prospecting clubs in the areas in which you have an interest. Most have claims on public lands that allow camping up to 14 days. California has strict regulations on both out-take and discharge of water so bring a pan, classifiers and a slice box.