Quarters Coming In At 2 In All Terrain General.

Just recently purchased my manticore and noticed quarters are coming in at 2 on all the programs except for all terrain high conductor which comes in at 88-90. Also vdi numbers completely change when I use anything but all terrain HC. For example dimes are 81 in HC and jump to 88 in the other programs nickels go from 27 up to 39. Has anyone experienced this?

If you are getting readings of "2" on a quarter, after a factory reset, there is something wrong.  I'd contact Minelab's repair center (Detector Center, in Pennsylvania).

Steve

I have never got a 2 vdi for a quarter, I have seen slightly different vdi's when checking signals with different search modes.

I'm thinking there might be an issue with the coil.  Pop the coil cover off and check the resin on the bottom and see if there are any spaces between the plastic and resin.  Also check the coil connector for any damage. 

Just checked it out everything looks good on the coil. What's weird about this is it reads the right vdi numbers in all terrain high conductor. Then the second issue I'm having is the vdi numbers for all coins going significantly higher in any program other than AT HC.

Thats strange, so in AT-General, AT-Low Conductors, with multi-IQ a quarter has a vdi of 2, but with it off using say 5kz its vdi is 90?

Do the beach modes work correctly? Since they have to run multi-IQ

Besides reinstalling either the old or newer firmware one more time just to be sure, I'd say its time to contact minelab.

To Your first question yes. As far as the beach modes it will read correctly with Beach surf and seawater. So it will only read quarters correctly in multi IQ in two programs all terrain high conductor and the beach surf and seawater. Yes I will be contacting minelab tomorrow. Thanks for all your help you guys are awesome!!