TDI Beachhunter Threshold Pot' Swap.

The original Threshold pot' was a nightmare, only the slightest of movement of the knob caused by clothing brushing against it caused it to go off the setting chosen.  It was so bad, I am sure it moved with strong winds.....

Reading online that a solution was to add a top mounted addition (sorry, forgot exactly what it was Vernier{?}), to the original pot' would perhaps not have been suitable here with heavy winter coats brushing against it as it was much more raised towards clothing.  So I chose the other alternative to replace the pot' with a 10 turn one for better control, plus the one I chose had a lock mechanism (simple slider-see pictures in ebay listing).  I thought I had ordered the correct pot from details of its ohm rating detailed online.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked out well so far.  Let me expalin.

I have had this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355088556139 fitted into my BeachHunter to replace the original Threshold pot'.

But there is no threshold sound whatsoever even when it is turned up to the max' and with Volume turned up.

Have we used the wrong pot? Is it wired correctly? Could it be a dead pot'?

I wont contact the technician who installed it until I have some opinions as I know nothing about these things.  And perhaps, its the wrong pot?

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Rog

Replacement pot'.jpg

• Oh my! 1

Pot value is correct, I suspect the wires are crossed. The rear lug (where the gray wire is attached) is the wiper pin and should go to pin 2 on the PCB. Most likely he assumed the middle lug is the wiper pin.

• Like 1

Thank you so much Carl.  The technician redid the connections and all works lovely now.  I am very pleased with the 'improvement' this modification has achieved.

Regards,

Rog