A Tips And Tricks Topic, That Would Apply To Most Any Detecting Would Be Fun.

Hey All,

I know damn well that many seasoned detectorists, nugget shooters, ring finders, coin buffs, and history lovers, not to mention those that just roll with whatever they find and keep on rollin', are more than ready to make life easier for those just starting out detecting. I remember getting my first detector, a QuickDraw ll, and being a bit overwhelmed at the first. This is not rocket science, but learning from others is where we all learn to excel.

I'll start out by giving newbies something that I think most of us would agree is the most important thing about detecting.

Aim for having fun, weave yourself into the community of those who've got similar interests.

Relax, discover and enjoy, that's the goal. Everything else is secondary.

A hearty welcome to all who have recently joined the forum. Remember the words of Aristotle, “The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.”

By sharing our adventures with others, we can all become greater than if we each learn new things but do not share that knowledge.

Enjoy and respect others, and never forget to respect the areas you travel and hunt.

Welcome to the forum, be well and may you find good fortune!

• Like 2