One Thing I'd Like To See With Newer Detectors Like The Algo

Open up a public API to the detector software and some hardware functionality so we can mod our machines or  just experiment with the nuts and bolts. Even just a port to access the raw data directly would be interesting, as it could be recomputed, logged, whatever. It'd be a fun way to learn more about how everything works too - that's how some of us learned how to work on engines for example despite not understanding them entirely at first, and it's how I learn anything myself, just by getting my hands dirty with something real in front of me and not a book. 

It'd have the potential to create a modding community and make detectors a lot more fun and personal. And who knows, someone might actually figure out something new that the limited number of detector engineers hadn't thought of yet. It'd be something to keep me working with a detector even if I have no gold or coins to detect at the moment. 

I don't know that Algoforce would ever do this - but I guess they seem about the closest any manufacturer has come to a company that focuses on what it's customers want rather than what can maximize it's sales by forcing us to just buy an entirely new detector every time a marginal improvement is made. I'd buy a detector like this even if it wasn't something I needed, just so I could have something to experiment and play with. 

• Like 5

• The title was changed to One Thing I'd Like To See With Newer Detectors Like The Algo