Hello Everybody!

Good afternoon, mates!

Joined the forum yesterday.

I'm the XP metal detector's owner from 2018: started with Gmaxx, then changed it to Deus 1, which was replaced by Deus II in the end of 2022. But my passion to a coin detecting had begun long before - I used to spend the summer vacations in a village in my childhood, some 250km away from Saint-Petersburg. By that time I was using only a spade (it was in 199x), but managed to find coins though 🙂 The end of school, study at the university, the start of a career in the aviation - that was why I had to set my hobby aside for a long time until the time a colleague from our work purchased a metaldetector of his own.

Since 2018 I have found some good and bad coins: silver and copper, but never gold ones; lot of old buttons (olds ones), seals, parts of horse harness and lot of trash. Last season was one of the coolest: I found my first gold - a partially damaged cross, a rear silver coin in an excellent condition and a silver part of horse harness. So I definitely love Deus II.

Hope this year will bring lot of good finds too and the gold coin at last

P.S. I wish I had bought a detector earlier...

Best regards

Mikhail

1 hour ago, meehalych said:

Good afternoon, mates!

Joined the forum yesterday.

I'm the XP metal detector's owner from 2018: started with Gmaxx, then changed it to Deus 1, which was replaced by Deus II in the end of 2022. But my passion to a coin detecting had begun long before - I used to spend the summer vacations in a village in my childhood, some 250km away from Saint-Petersburg. By that time I was using only a spade (it was in 199x), but managed to find coins though 🙂 The end of school, study at the university, the start of a career in the aviation - that was why I had to set my hobby aside for a long time until the time a colleague from our work purchased a metaldetector of his own.

Since 2018 I have found some good and bad coins: silver and copper, but never gold ones; lot of old buttons (olds ones), seals, parts of horse harness and lot of trash. Last season was one of the coolest: I found my first gold - a partially damaged cross, a rear silver coin in an excellent condition and a silver part of horse harness. So I definitely love Deus II.

Hope this year will bring lot of good finds too and the gold coin at last

P.S. I wish I had bought a detector earlier...

Best regards

Mikhail

Welcome Mikhail,

Thanks for translating, most members have English as their primary language here. It must be difficult sometimes but you are doing well. 👍

I started metal detecting in 2021, and also now own a Deus II. I found gold my first year, a ring in back of my house on a hill, but I didn't know it was until I learned to test it from the good people here.

I have found almost as many gold rings in the field as I have on beaches, but again thanks to what I have learned from people on this forum and my dedication to the hobby, the number gets greater every year.

I also have not found a gold coin, not for lack of trying 😅 I live in one of the oldest English settlements in America, and expect to find one at least before I can't detect anymore, I retired from work in 2021 and detecting is my main hobby. I have already found about the oldest silver coin I will ever find.

I'm just writing all this because we seem to have a similar interests, and I wish you the best of luck in your detecting and look forward to your input and questions in the future.

🍀

F350Platinum

English is not a problem, cause it is a language of aviation: the airplanes documents and the training materials are in English. I used to work for SAS and Nayak here at Pulkovo providing maintenance to foreign airlines (including British airways).

So far I haven't had a chance to find a silver ring (there was one, actually, but damaged, so it is not counted), not to mention the gold ones; just copper ones so far.  But I haven't had a proper beach metal detector experience yet (just only once, last year in a village - did find some USSR coins in water).

Thank you very much indeed! May the luck be with us!)

Heavy Metal 

Thank you very much!

The luck plays one of the main part in our hobby)

Welcome from East Texas.